The Plan

Colson

Since Jane moved back in I've tried to stay kinda MIA expect for when Casie was home, I kinda had to. The first day since she moved back in she was already back to her usual routine. She was cleaning and cooking the only difference was she was wearing work out pants instead of the tightly fitted shorts she use to wear. Just watching her was too much for me. I wanted to touch her. I wanted to feel her body next to mine.

"Daddy you ok?" Casie asked making me lose my train of thought. (Thank God)

"Uh yeah. I just need to take my meds." I replied twirling the pasta around on my fork.

"Oh yeah, here's your new bottle. I saw you were running kinda low so I got you a refill while I was out." Jane said handing the bottle to me.

"Thanks."

It wasn't long before she and Casie left the table leaving me by myself. I hung out downstairs until Casie came to get me for bed. She's been sleeping with me instead of in her room since she moved back in.

Casie fell to sleep shortly and I got up to go smoke. I walked past Jane's room and could over hear her conversation.

"He's still not really talking to me. I'm really not sure if I should continue to push forward with the divorce or just leave it a lone. I mean I wanna work on putting our marriage back together. I still love him."

"Well you haven't even been there a week yet. Give him sometime." A male voice replied

"How much time? I'm really starting to think theirs someone else and that maybe he doesn't wanna bring up the divorce right now cause of Casie."

"What makes you think there's someone else? Are girls coming over?"

"No but he makes sure he is never here when Casie isn't. Like he's trying to avoid me. I don't know what to do Aubrey."

"Just hang in there sis. I'm sure if there were someone else you wouldn't be staying there. I mean think about it. He could've moved you into another house or apartment that was closer if he really didn't want you there."

"I guess you're right. Well I'm gonna let you go. I know Amber is wondering what's taking you so long. Send her my love."

"I will. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

When the call ended I heard her get up from her bed. In fear of being caught I smoothly made my way down the stairs. I didn't really know what to think about the information I had just obtained. Damn Jane was still in love with me. I was sure that I was gonna have to fight to make her love me again but to my surprise I wouldn't have to do that anymore.

I'll be honest Casie and I kinda played Jane. I had told Casie I wanted to make things right with her. When I agreed with Jane on the first arrangement I knew she'd eventually get tired of it so when she did I would tell her Casie would just have to move back in with me. I knew she wouldn't go for it so I told Casie that that would be her que to make it look like she wouldn't move in unless Jane did too.

Now that I knew Jane still loved me it was going to be easier to put our marriage back together. At least now I had some hope.