Are you missing something pt2

Jane

I was in complete and told shock. Here was my child sitting on my front porch in tears. I really wasn't surprised that her father was to blame for this but I never thought things would get so bad that not even she wanted to be around him anymore.

I picked her up and carried her into the house. She looked so exhausted like she hadn't slept in days. I wanted to ask her what he could've possibly done to make her runaway like that. I mean she didn't call or anything she just showed up.

She looked like she was about to fall to sleep. I placed her on my bed and
covered her up and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I grabbed my phone off the night stand looking through my phone for the one number I avoided the most when it flashed on my screen. Before I could make the call I got an incoming call from Rook.

"Jane?" He asked

"What's going on Rook?"

"I don't know how to tell you this but Casie is missing and I was hoping she was with.." I cut him off

"She is with me. She just showed up here out of no where, would you care to tell me what the fuck is going on over there?!" I half yelled.

"Look you just need to talk to.." before he could finish his sentence I hung up.

About an hour later Colson showed up to my condo. I'll admit I stood there for 3 minutes before I actually answered the door.

"Where's Casie? Is she ok?" Colson asked barging in.

"She's sleeping. What the hell is going Kells?"

"She's just, wait what did you just call me?"

"Are you going to answer my question or?"

"Why are you being such a hard ass?" He asked running his hands through his hair.

"Why haven't you signed the divorce papers? "

"God! I can't fuckin win with you! Just tell me where Casie is so I can take her home."

"Keep your fucking voice down. She's staying with me."

"Are you serious right now? She's my fucking daughter!"

"And she's my daughter too."

"Yeah just not biologically."

Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't believe he just said that to me. He knew how sensitive that subject was for me and considering what I just went through last night I was truly heart broken.

"I didn't mean that." He said reaching out to touch me.

"Don't!" I said throwing my hands up.

Then there was a knock at the door followed by the ringing of the doorbell. Now who the hell is here? I left Colson standing in my living room as I went to the door. Damnit! It was Aubrey.

"Hey, I just came back to check.." He stopped himself when he saw tears on my face.

"Are you ok? I knew I shouldn't have left you like that. You really need a friend right now." He said pulling me into a hug.

"Maybe it's not a bad idea for you to call him." He stated.

"Aubrey, now isn't really the time I.."

"Jane he needs to know. I've been in a situation like that before and it does more harm than good." He responded.

"No really." Before I could say anything else Colson walked from the living room into the foyer where Aubrey and I stood.

When he saw Aubrey. His face turned like 3 different shades of red. I could tell he was pissed. I had to get Aubrey out of there before he did or said something stupid.

"Sorry, I'll call when my plane lands. " He said pulling me into one last hug before going out the door.

Now Colson and I just stood there. He looked both shocked and hurt all at the same time. The last time he was like that was our wedding day when his mom showed up unannounced.

"So that's what this is about?" He spat. I didn't reply. "You want to leave me for him? That's why you want me to sign those stupid papers? What does he have that I don't? You wanna leave me to be with someone who is known for being just as big a player as I am?! What fucking sense does that make Jane?!" He said following me into my kitchen.

"Don't bring him into this. This isn't about him. This is about you and me. This is about your unfaithfulness."

"I'm sorry but if I'm not mistaken were still married. That means your unfaithful too."

"Aubrey and I are not together. He's a friend. That's it."

"Don't sit here and fucking lie to me! I know what I just fucking saw!" He yelled knocking my purse and coffee mug into the floor. The mug shattered and all of the contents in my purse spilled out into the floor.

I stood there in shock. I've never seen him act this way. Something was really wrong with him. Was he off his meds? He was about to walk over to me when he noticed my pain killers that had fallen from my purse. He picked it up and read the lable.

"Why are you taking these?" He asked

I didn't answer. "You just got these yesterday day. Why the fuck are you taking them?!"

I still refused to answer. I don't know if it was out of fear or if I was still in shock of what just happened.

"Damnit Jane!" He yelled punching one of my cabinet doors.

"I had a fucking miscarriage! I was 6 months pregnant with your baby and I fucking lost it! Now get out of my house before I call the police you, you psycho!" I yelled backing away from him.

"Jane I, I'm sorry. I didn't..."

"I said get the fuck out. Casie is staying here. Now fucking leave!" I yelled one last time holding my phone in my hand ready to dial.

He didn't say anything else he just walked out. When I was sure he was gone. I locked the door and sat in the floor and cried. How could the man I love do and say such hurtful things to me? He has never acted this way before. He had turned into a monster. I hate him.