Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Colson

Jane just admitted she liked me. I can't lie I was laughing inside. I mean I kinda should have expected it seeing as she would text me everyday. Jane would text me everyday sometimes 3 times a day to "check in" on us. I liked it. I can't remember the last time a woman actually texted me just to see how I was doing.

After we got home with all of Casies stuff I was planning on talking to her about it but like always my timing was bad.

"Daddy! Look!" Casie said running from the front door holding something in her hand.

"What's this? Oh a picture with Santa."

"Yeah and I gave him my Christmas list and he gave me this to put on the tree. He said I could tell it my Christmas wish and he would make it come true!"

"Oh yeah a tree. I forgot all about that."

"Daddy we can't do Christmas without a tree."

"I know. We still have time to get one don't worry." I pulled out my phone and tweeted.

Machinegunkelly: where can I get a real Christmas tree in Cleveland?

I instantly got tweets of different locations. I guess I was off to get a tree.

Jane

I still can't believe I totally embarrassed myself today. I could not face Colson I just couldn't I did die.

"Heeyyy!" Slim said poking his head into my room with his tounge out.

"Gross Slim! Get out!"

"No way, we about to go get a tree."

"I'd rather not go."

"You gotta go Kells said some shit about it being a new family tradition."

"So then why I gotta go?"

"Girl you know you family too. Get yo ass up and lets go."

"Ugghhh!"

We all piled into the car and Colson did something I could tell was not in his character. He turned on Christmas music.

"Daddy when did you start listening to Christmas music?"

"Uh, I dunno baby. Just thought I'd try something new." He laughed. 

Casie and I sat in back and began sanging long to each song. Every once in a while I would catch Colson looking back at us in the review mirror smiling. It made me smile too. About 45 minutes later we arrived at Harold's Christmas Tree Farm.

"Why did we have to drive way out here? If you wanted a tree so bad we coulda cut down one in the yard!" Dre announced. 

"Welcome to Harold's. Here's your ax." The boy at the front said handing it to Colson. 

"Wait you guys don't cut them? " he asked

"No we believe that it takes away from the experience."

"Well guys! I guess Kells is choppin us down a tree." He announced swinging it around.

"Oh hell naw. Give me that think." Slim said taking the ax from him.

We walked around for what seemed like forever looking for the perfect tree.

"What about this one Kells?"

"Nah too big."

"What you think of this one Casie?"

"Its too small."

"Jane what about that one?"

"It looks kinda sick."

"No not that one. Its too green!" Dub yelled.

"That one just won't do!" Replied Slim

"Definitely not that one. Its got maple syrup coming out of it." Dre said as they mocked the three of us. We all laughed and then noticed Casie was gone.

We kept calling her name and she wouldn't answer. Great we've lost her in the woods somewhere. We called her a few more times and then got a reply.

"I'm over here! I found the perfect tree. Can we get it daddy, can we get it?"

"Are you sure you want this tree?"

"Yes this one will be perfect."

"Ok well stand back over there by Jane so I can chop it down."

Me and the guys couldn't believe what we were seeing. Colson was actually chopping down a tree. The guys took pictures and post a few online. After it was cut the guys carried it back to the car and put in on the roof. We piled back into the car and Casie and I sang Christmas songs again until she fell to sleep.