Christmas in Cleveland

Jane

It was now Christmas eve and we were finally gonna decorate the tree Colson cut down a few days ago. "Great Jane your up. Can you help me with some of these decorations?"

"Sure." I was helping him put up little window stickers and varies other decorations. As we were finishing up I found a name on one of the boxes we were pulling things from. Dana 

"That should be everything til later tonight when we decorate the tree." He said plopping down on the couch next to me."I think this is great. What your doing for her." I said

"What do you mean."

"All this stuff belonged to Casie's mother. And the live Christmas tree and Christmas music in the car." I rambled

"I just wanted it to be like she never left. These past couple of days Casie has been so happy."

"I know and its because she has a great father like you." I smiled Colson's face started to come closer to mine and I thought we were about to kiss until Casie ran downstairs. "Wow daddy did you do all of this?"

"Yeah and Jane helped me."

"Wait some of this looks like mommy's stuff."

"That's cause it is her's. Do you like it?"

"I love it and I know mommy would love it too! Thank you daddy!"

"Your welcome!" He said tickling her.

"Hahaha, daddy stop I can't breathe!"

She laughed.She caught her breath and said,"Wait a minute daddy. Somethings missing." We watched as she walked over to one of the boxes and started searching for something.

"What is it Casie? May be I can help you find it?" I said 

"No, no, its ok. I know its in here somewhere." She said as her little body was hanging out of one of the boxes."Here it is!" She said proudly holding up something green.

"Here daddy you gotta hang this up! Its mistletoe. Mom always hangs it up and gives me kisses."

"I'll be taking that." Slim said taking it from her.

"I'll hang it up so that only I know where it is so nobody can cheat just to get a kiss." He said eyeing Colson.

"That's a good one uncle Slim that way it will be a surprise for anyone who walks under it." She laughed.

Colson

An hour later I got Casie ready to go to her grandparents house for a few hours so she could celebrate with them. When I got there they begged me to stay. It actually felt kinda awkward they never really liked me and now here I was celebrating Christmas Eve with them. Overall I had a good time and I was glad I stayed but now it was time to get home so Casie could decorate the tree and get ready for Santa. When we got home the aroma of food hit me."What smells so good?" I asked taking me and Casie's coats off hanging them up.

"Its Jane, she's, she's, trying to kill us." Dub said laying in the floor moaning.

"Man what you talkin about fo?"

"She decided to have us a little Christmas party and she cooked for us. But that's not even the worst party she's preping for Christmas dinner. Man how am I gonna survive the holidays if she keeps cooking like this?" He groaned.

 "Great Casie your here. Go wash your hands so you can help me." Jane called from the kitchen.I walked into the kitchen to check it out for myself and he was right. She had pulled out dishes I didn't even know I had. She preped rolls and dumplings, made two cakes, a pie, and had a turkey in the oven.

"Did you know you didn't have a crock pot? Thank God I sent Slim to get one for tomorrow."

"I didnt even know I had half the dishes your using now. Um you really went all out." I said lifting the lid on one of the pots on the stove.

The back drop busted open and in stepped Slim."Man it was a fuckin mad house. But I got you the crock pot. So you still making those meat balls?"

"Man what? With all this other food in here cooked right now you gonna ask her if she still makin meat balls."

"Dang Kells, you right. But you still gone make em tho?" Slim questioned

"Yes Slim." She laughed." Its not a party without meat balls."

"Shit I heard that. Let me know when they done." He said leaving out the kitchen.

"Hey Jane here I am." She said walking into the kitchen with a child size apron.

"Look daddy, I look just like Jane." She smiled.

"Aren't you just the cutest? Do you like it? Does it fit ok?"

"Yes and I love it. So what are we making?"

"Christmas cookies for Santa."

I took a seat at the kitchen island and watched them make the cookies. They were laughing and singing and Casie looked so happy and Jane looked so beautiful. She had flour in her hair and she still looked perfect. I smiled to myself at the site of them.

"What?" Jane asked

"Nothing I was just thinking."

"Mmm, men." Casie laughed.

They put the cookies in the oven and Casie, Jane, and I went to decorate the tree. The guys came and helped us out. While Jane went to get the cookies out. I picked up Casie and let her put the star on the tree. "It looks beautiful." Jane stated."Well I know. I workout a little nothing big." Every one laughed

"I was talking about the tree Colson." She chuckled. 

"Hey Casie, run up stairs and get in your pjs so we can camp out and wait for Santa"

"Ok!" She said running upstairs.

"This time Kells don't fall to sleep so we know when to put the gifts out." Slim said.

"Yeah or it will end up like last time. And I don't think Casie will buy the Grinch stole her Christmas gifts again." Dub laughed. 

"Wait what? You did not tell that child the Grinch stole her gifts!"

"Yep he did and the whole time the 3 of us fools is running around pretenting to fight the Grinch to get her gifts back." Slim replied

"Yeah when really Kells is standing in the hall way up stairs pulling her gifts out throwing them to us. While dramatically yelling and making sound effects. If I was a kid I would've thought that shit was intense." Dub stated.

"Oh my gosh!"

"What!? In the end she ended up getting all of her gifts and she really thought it was cool." I chuckled.

"Ok daddy! I'm ready." She said coming down the stairs with her ornament she got from Santa the other day.We watched her as she kneel down by the tree and whisper to the ornament.

"So whatcha wish for?" Jane asked.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true."

"Oh yeah I forgot." She said. 

Me and Casie got down under the tree with our blankets and pillows and Jane went into the kitchen and brought the cookies out.

"Ok goodnight you guys. We're gonna go upstairs and go to bed." Jane said. Dub grabbed a cookie and ate it.

"Those are for Santa." She said punching him in the shoulder.

 "Ouch! Santa don't need all them. Thats why he fat now. He need to go on a diet that's what he need to do." He said walking up the stairs.