Honeymooners pt 2

Colson

Jane was right. I did feel better after talking about everything. Now I just wish I hadn't been so pissed so I could've tried my best to explain the situation to Casie. I'm sure she was just as confused as I was. At least now I had sometime to get my mind right before speaking to her on the issue.

Laid back with my eyes closed in the hot tube smoking my blunt. I felt the water being distributed. Jane was slipping into the tub with no clothes on. I put the blunt out and motioned for her to move closer to me. She climbed on top of me.

*****************************************

The next few days we took full advantage of our time together. We camped out on the beach, went parasailing, jet skiing, and swam with dolphins. It was truly paradise but now we had to get back to Cleveland. I missed Casie. Her little smile was the best. While Jane and I had time to reflect and think I asked her if she wanted to adopt Casie.

We talked about how big of a step it was and how long it might take. Jane was over the moon for the idea. I knew once we got home and talked to Casie about it that she would be too.

Jane

I was so excited to finally get home. Dub came to pick us up at the airport and I could barely control myself. I had so much planned. I wanted to get home and make a huge dinner so that tonight would be perfect to announce that I would be adopting Casie. I always wanted children but due to health issues that may never happen. So this was my chance to finally be a mother.

"Dang while we were gone you guys ate every damn thing." I stated as I went through the cabinets.

"J you just got here and your already trying to cook. It's ok we can order out." Slim announced.

"Um no. Not having it. Tonight is going to be extra special because Colson and I have an announcement to make." I stated

"Oh word? Well me and the boys got some news also. So I guess tonight at dinner will be the perfect time." He replied

"Ok well in the mean time. Here's my shopping list go out and get everything on it."I laughed

"You lucky you just got back."He chuckled

A few short hours later dinner was ready and I was placing it on the table. I cooked baked barbecued ribs, cabbage, macaroni and cheese, banana pudding and homemade lemonade. (I'm from the South don't judge me)As I was putting everything out Casie and her grandmother were walking in the door. Prior to their arrival I spoke with Casie's grandmother about the adoption. I wanted to make sure we had her blessing.

Everyone crowded into the small kitchen and Colson led the family prayer. After that everyone tore into the food complimenting on how good it was.

"Ok y'all what's the big news? I don't know about everyone else but I'm dying here." Rook asked.

I looked at Colson who was looking back at me. I squeezed his hand under the table letting him know it was time to tell everyone.

"Well as you all know, Jane and I are now husband and wife. We both talked about it and decided that if Casie wants to then Jane would like to adopt her." He spoke

The room went quite and all eyes were on Casie. "So does that mean Jane will be my new mommy?" She asked kinda puzzled.

"Yes but it doesn't mean you have to call me mommy. You can still call me Jane. We don't want you to think that this means we want you to forget about your real mommy or anything like that." I responded

"Ok but grandma will still be my grandma right? I'll still get to see her?" She asked

"Absolutely, you'll still get to see her and everything just like always."

"Ok than let's get adopted!" She cheered

I jumped up and gave her a big hug and everyone around was so happy and cheering.

"So Slim, what's the news you guys wanted to tell us about?" Colson asked now focusing on the boys.

"Well, since you and Jane got married we realized that nothing is ever gonna be the same. You, Jane, and Casie both need your own space...." Slim spoke before Colson cut him off.

"Woe woe, wait time out! Y'all movin out? Y'all leaving me?"Colson asked seeming a little shocked.

"Naw man just listen. Anyways, we found a new place that fit both of our needs. It's this nice house down the street and it's got like a guest house out back with just enough room for us and a guest room for when the Rookie stays over." Slim stated

"Good lookin out man." Rook said dabbin him up.

"Ok so after dinner let's go look at this place." Colson replied.

And just like that our lives were changing.