Little Boy Lost

Colson

After my plane landed in Texas I was now in a rental car parked outside the house that I had written down the address to. Right now I was just sitting there. I wasn't sure if I could actually bring myself to walk to the front door. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done but I had to. Maybe some how this woman can help me. Maybe she can fix me some how. I finally mustered up the courage and knocked on the door.

When it opened a small blonde opened and she stared up at me, her arms open to me. I did something that seem to come natural to me. I hugged her for what seemed like forever and then she let go and ushered me into the house.

"I'm glad you came." She said breaking our silence.

It was weird being here. As I walked in I noticed pictures of myself framed on the walls from when I was younger. What made it even weirder was that my pictures were next to other children along with family photos. I analyzed them before she walked over to me.

"Those are your brother and sister. Cameron and Chelsea, and that is your stepfather Neil."

"Are they here?" I questioned

"No, the twins are at summer camp."

"Wow, I have a brother and a sister. And their twins. That's crazy. How old.."

"Their 15." She answered

"And you have all these pictures of me up. So they know about me?"

"They sure do. Cole, why don't you sit down so I can explain." She said walking me further into the living room.

"Ok, so why did you leave me then. You don't seem to be ashamed of me. I don't get it you just packed up and left. You didn't try to come back for me or anything. Why?"

"Colson, when I left your father I wanted to take you with me. He wouldn't let me. I told him fine I'll take you to court. During the divorce, he painted me as an unfit mother who didn't care about her child and I lost. The truth is I fell for Neil while I was getting my masters. I fell out of love with your father because he just became so cold. It was never my intentions to just up and abandon you." She replied

"Ok but why didn't you ever contact me?"

"I tried but every time I got an address for you, you guys up and moved. And my letters were always returned."

"So this is your life now. Your happy, Neil treats you good and everything?"

"Yes, and he did. He's actually the reason I decided to reach out to after you became famous."

"What do you mean he did?"

"Neil passed away a year ago. He made me promise on his death bed that I would try to contact you. There were so many nights that I cried over you. Worrying about you and how you were. He knew it ate me up inside and he often felt like he was to blame."

I was completely at a loss for words. So she continued to speak."Its really funny. I remember one day in class at the University I teach at several students had a ringtone on their phones. It was so annoying and would often interpret my lectures. One day I typed some of the lyrics in Google and the name of the song Wild Boy by Machine Gun Kelly popped up. I thought who the hell is that? It wasn't until further into my search when your photo popped up. I thought I'd know that blonde haired blue eyed child anywhere. That's my son! What actually kept me from reaching out to right then were the interviews about me. It hurt." A tear rolled down her cheeck. It instantly made me feel terrible.

"I'm sorry. At the time I thought you didn't love me. I hadn't heard from you in years. Dad, he told me you left cause you hated me and I believed him. I spent my life hating you cause you left me with him and he beat me. I'm so sorry mom. I'm sorry!" I cried.

She walked over to me and pulled me into her arms holding me tightly and that's the last thing I remember.