Valentine day massacre

Jane

I know Colson and I talked about having all my stuff shipped to Cleveland but I just felt like it would be better for me to just go so I could make sure everything was done right. Its the Capricorn in me. Im such a control freak. I really should've went back to Nashville sooner but I just couldn't find the time and with Casie going back to school I didn't know when the best time would be.Long story short I didn't end up going until February and my least would be up with in a few days so had to move all my things out by the weekend. I started packing up all my clothes when my phone rang. It was Colson. :)

"Hey J."

"I was wondering when you would call."

"Yeah well Casie had a Valentine's day party at school and she guilted me into going."

"Oh really I thought Ash was gonna go."

"She had to cancel at last minute and since your out of town she made me feel bad so I went."

"So how did it go?"

"Good if you like getting hit on." He chuckled.

"Haha very funny. Your gonna make me fuck some of them hoes up at the next PTA meeting."

"They can't help it. Its the eyes." He laughed and I laughed a little. The line was silent for a moment.

"I really miss you." He said lowly.

"I miss you too."

"It really sucks we're not gonna spend our first V day together."

"I know but I'll be home Sunday night."

"I know." He sighed.

"I love you."

"I love you too. I'll let you get back to packing."

"Ok bye."

"Bye."

                                                                       The next morning

I had gotten pretty much everything packed up. I might actually get to come home a little earlier than I planned. As I was moving more boxes into the front room there was a knock at the door. Maybe it was one of my neighbors or something. When I opened the door my smile faded. It was Mark the last person I wanted to see.

"He Janie!" He said

"How did you know I was here?"

"I heard you were moving and in case you've forgotten you still have my vinyl records."

"Oh, yeah I forgot about them. And thats really all you wanted?"

"Yep. Like for real Jane I just need my records and then I'm out of your life for good promise." He smiled.

"Ok if you say so. Their in the guest room closet."

"Gotcha." He said going to the guest room.

Before I could get back to what I was doing there was another knock on the door.

"Now who is it!?"

This time I asked who it was before opening." Who is it?"

"Special delivery." A weird voice replied. I opened it and it was Colson and Casie.

"Surprise Jane!" Casie screamed holding out a big bouquet of flowers.

"Omg! What are you guys doing here?"

"We had to come. There was no way I was gonna be away from you on our first Valentines Day together." He said stepping walking in.

"Your so sweet!" I said hugging him tightly.

"Uh hey Jane I can't find them are you sure their in there?" Mark asked walking into the living room.

"Yes I'm sure! Omg, I'll go get them myself." I said frustrated.

"Can I come too? Im good at finding stuff."

"Yes baby you can come." I said and we both went into the guest room.

Colson

Who the fuck was this dude? He just acted like he wasn't walking around my girls apartment or something. He sat down on the love seat and I took a seat in one of her arm chairs.

"Sup dude? Im Mark." He said.

"Im Kells. So what the fuck you doing in my girls apartment Marky?" I questioned.

"My bad, I'm Janes ex. I heard she was leaving town and I just came to get my records that I left here after we broke up. Thats it. I just came to get them and then I'm out."

"Ok."

"By the way I'm a big fan of your music. Can I give you a word of advice?"

I didn't reply I really just wanted this motherfucker out of here.

"Whatever you do make sure you treat her right man. If you don't she will fuck you up."

I raised an eyebrow at what he said. "Look dude, I appreciate the advice but you aint gotta worry about that. I'm gonna take care of her."

"Im just trying to help you out. You know she set most of my stuff on fire when we broke up. Including my car. Im just saying don't fuck up. No pressure though." He whispered as Jane and Casie came back into the living room.

"They were right where I said they were." Jane said handing him a crate full of records.

"Thanks, for a second I thought you might of," he started but stopped when Jane shot him a look,"You know what nevermind. Take care Jane. Kells, remember what I told you." He said before walking out the door as Jane held it open.

"Um what was that all about?" Jane asked

"You know what? I don't even know."

"Well I got everything packed away. Why don't I go ahead and call the movers so we can leave?"

"Sounds good to me."