Going Home

Colson

I came out of rehab feeling refreshed. I felt like I could finally fix everything that I had fucked up. I grabbed my things and called a cab to head to the airport. As I sat in the airport my IG notifications were blowing up. I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't prepared for what I saw next. My heart dropped. It was an ad from the Ovo Lust collection.

Drake was on top of Jane who was wearing nothing but thin fabric to cover her body. I was pissed. I decided to do some research on the line. Jane had been busy since we separated. I didn't even know her and Drake were working together. They collaborated to create a small lingerie line to go along with Drakes Ovo line and this was one of the ad's they were running for it. I looked back at the photo and saw a quote. It read,"Sometimes love dies."

I couldn't help but feel as if this was directed toward our relationship. That's it! She wants to be with Drake. She's really moved on from me. Something deep inside of me wasn't gonna give up on her. I had to get my wife back.

A few hours later I landed in Cleveland. I went back to the house took a shower and changed clothes. I made a stop by the flower shop and got a few roses and a teddy bear. This wasn't gonna be easy but I had a plan. I pulled up outside Jane's and I could tell she was home. I walked to the door and rang the doorbell. Jane opened the door.

"Um hey Kells. I wasn't.."

"Yeah I know. Is Casie here?" I asked.

My question really caught her off guard. "Um yeah she's up in her room. You can go up if you want."

"Thanks." I said walking past her and up the stairs. I walked into her room and she was in the floor playing with her barbies.

"Daddy!" She said running up hugging me. I was actually surprised that she was happy to see me. We hadn't spoken in months.

"Hey baby. I missed you so much. These are for you." I said giving her the roses and bear.

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry for running away from home. I thought you were mad at me and that's why you didn't come see me or call me."

"No baby. I wasn't mad. I just had to do some things before I could see you again but I'm here now and that's all that matters. Hey you wanna go out to eat?"

"Sure!"

"Go ask your mommy first. I would ask but I know she's still kinda mad at me." I replied.

Casie ran downstairs a head of me and put her shoes on. "Mommy, daddy is taking me out to eat be back later!" She yelled.

"Umm ok. Have her back at a reasonable time please Kells." Jane responded as she watched Casie put her shoes on.

I nodded and grabbed Casie's hand and walked her to the car. I know you're thinking how is this gonna get my wife back? Truth is it probably won't but I had to make sure I could gain my daughter's love and trust back above anything else.