It will rain

Mgk

After our talk last night I couldn't sleep. More than anything I wished our lives could go back to the way they were. Back to Casie having her mom back and me just being me. I don't party as hard as I use to. Things just weren't the same. After being lost in my thoughts I realized it was morning. It was gloomy out like it was about to rain. I decided to get up and go get breakfast. I got to the elevator and Hailey was standing there waiting for it to come.

"Your up early. You coming with me for my morning run before it rains." She laughed.

"Nah, I'm headed to get breakfast."

"You breakfast?"

"I had an overnight guest."

"With Casie in the room? Gross?"

"Not that kinda guest Hailey get your mind out the gutter."

"Ok then what kinda guest?"

I sighed," Jane"

"Jane!" She half yelled.

"Will you keep your voice down. Yes Jane, and its not what you think. After yesterday Casie refused to sleep till she came over and then pretty much held her hostage by threatening to cry if she wouldn't sleep over."

We got onto the elevator and Hailey didn't say anything.

"Really Hailey? Now your not talking to me? It's really not what you think."

"Chocolate chip pancakes."

"What?"

"Its raining out. She likes chocolate chip pancakes on rainy days. She says it brightens up her day."

"Thanks." I said as we both stepped off the elevator.

I went to the nearest Ihop and got breakfast to go. As I was walking off the elevator Dub stopped me.

"Playa playa!"

"What?" I laughed a little

"I seen Jane slept over last night. You little devil." He laughed

"Man, for real its not even like that and why were you coming to my room anyways?"

"Well you didn't answer when Slim called so I decided to walk down to tell you the news."

"Aw man, I must of left my phone in the room."

"Oh well anyways the last two shows have been canceled due to tropical storms that are suppose to move in tomorrow morning. So were leaving for Cleveland tonight."

"Dang, well alright. I better get them their breakfast its getting cold. I'll holla at you later."

I walked off down the hall to my room and as soon as I opened the door Casie ran to me.

"Daddy!"

"See, I told you he wouldn't leave you."

"Daddy just went to get breakfast." I replied.

"Whatcha get me!" She said sitting down

"Well for my mini rager I got mickey mouse pancakes and for Jane chocolate chip pancakes."

"Wow! I love chocolate chip pancakes, especially on rainy days like this." She smiled

"Yeah last night was our last show so were going back to Cleveland tonight."

"Yeah I heard. At least its only two shows."

"Daddy, after breakfast can we go do something?"

"It will have to be an indoor activity." I said trying to think of something

"What about glow mini golf!" Jane thought

"Sounds cool, lets do it."

"Great I'll go change. See you guys in a few."

Jane

I got dressed and checked my phone. I left it last night when I went to Kells room. About 30 minutes later there was a knock at the door. I opened it and it was Kells and Casie.

"Daddy said that he can kick your butt in mini golf and I told him no way. He bet me a new doll if you win."

"Really Kells? You beat me? Lets go I wanna see this." I laughed

Kells and Jane are neck in neck and if Jane's ball goes into the last hole she wins the game.

"Why dont you save yourself the embrassment and let me win." He said with confidence

"No way, Casie always remember that it's always best to try and not succeed than to not try at all." I hit the ball and it went in.

"She did it. I get a new doll daddy! In your face! Jane when we get back home you can help me pick one."

I looked at Kells and he looked at me. He then turned to Casie and lowered himself down to her level.

"Um Casie, Jane can't come back home with us." He said

"But I thought you were gonna come live with us now." She said turning to me.

"I can't I have to go back to Nashville I live there and I have a job there."

"But why?! Daddy can't we just go live in Ashville too."

"Its pronounced Nashville honey and no we can't. We live in Cleveland."

Tears started to fall from her eyes and I instantly felt bad.

"Maybe I can come visit you. And you know what else, you can call and Skype me."

"Ok."

"Now can I get a smile?"

She smiled a little and I picked her up carrying her to the car.