Hard to say goodbye

Mgk

The tour was well underway and I was feeling great. I loved performing I couldn't imagine not doing what I loved. What made it 10 times better was that I had my wife and my baby girl by my side. Too bad it was short lived. Right now I was watching them both sleep. In a few hours both of them would be leaving me.

To Casie it was the norm. Her dad being gone all the time was something she became use to. Jane on the other hand, I could tell it was getting to her a bit. It was little things like she became more clingy. Not just with me but with Casie also. I hated that we had to be apart from each other but I didn't have the heart to ask Jane to give up what she loved. This was just how things had to be.

Jane

I made sure Casie had all her things together. I didn't want her to leave. I didn't want to leave her. I kept thinking how maybe I should just pull out of the tour but I couldn't let Hailey down. It was too late to tell her I couldn't do it and to find someone else.

"Casie your grandma's here!" Colson called to her.

"Coming daddy!" I grabbed her things and walked to the hotel lobby.

"Thanks again for meeting us." Colson said to Sarah.

"Anything for my baby." She said smiling down at Casie.

Colson took her bags and put them in the car and I picked Casie up.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. You can call me no matter what time it is ok." I said trying to hold back tears.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but we can Skype like we use to. My uncle Mike knows how. Since meme doesn't" She chuckled.

"Ok but don't get on his nerves about it ok."

"Ok." She pouted

"And I wanna give you something." I reached in my purse and held out a small doll.

"But that's your dolly Jill!" She said sounding shocked.

"I know and I want you to have it. My dad gave her to me and I've had her ever since. I know your old enough to take care of her now, so you can have her."

"Thank you mommy. I love you!" She said hugging me tightly.

"I love you too. Be good." I said

I watched as she said her goodbyes to Colson and then she left. We walked back in and got my things for my flight and then loaded them into the car. On the way there Colson held my hand as he drove.

"Its gonna be ok. It's only gonna be for a little while." He said

"I know. What's 4 1/2 months right?" I smiled.