Nobody can resist the power of mistletoe

Colson

After everyone went their separate ways. I retreated to downstairs. I still can't believe I turned red and didn't know what to say when she thanked me. It was like I was dumb struck. I didn't know what to expect when she opened it. Maybe she didn't really like it and she was just being nice. She was always being nice. When I bought it I thought she had feelings for me but maybe she didn't.  Maybe I was reading too much into how she normally was with everybody. Man I feel so stupid.

"Kells, what you doin down here?" Slim asked as he lit a blunt. He took a few puffs and pasted it to me.

I took a few puffs before I answered." Just thinkin."

"Its about Jane isn't it?"

"Kinda."

"So whats the deal?"

"I dont know. I really think I'm falling for her."

"Ok anyone with eyes can see that. So whats the problem?"

"Is it that obvious? Shit, well you just confirmed my fear. She doesn't feel the same way?"

"The fuck you talkin bout? Jane is into you man. Have you seen the way she looks at you? Shit if we in a room havin a conversation and you walk in its all eyes on Kells. And then when you gave her that bracelet, did you even hear what she said? She said she's never taking it off."

"Ok well answer this. If shes so into me why was she talkin about leaving this morning?"

"Kells, she aint goin no where. If she was she would've left weeks ago."

"Whatever man she only stayed cause of Casie."

"You really think that? Honestly Kells,  I really shouldn't even be telling you this but I over heard her on the phone talking to Hailey a few days ago. She told Hailey she couldn't leave. She feels like you and Casie both need her. If she didnt have some type of feelings for you then she wouldn't care."

"Then why she not showing how she feels?"

"I mean she is and she isn't. She's a shy girl Kells. Maybe she's waiting on you. I mean honestly we all are. Machine Gun Kelly ain't never took this long to make a move on no female." He laughed. 

"I just don't wanna fuck this up. I mean this is about me and Casie. I don't want her to walk out of her life just cause I fuck up." Before Slim and I could say anything Jane opened the door and yelled for us to come up and eat.

There was so much food. More than what she had worked on the night before. Before we ate we blessed the food. After I finished it seemed like I had been eating for days. When everyone finished Jane started to clear the table but Dub stopped her and told her he would get everything. 

"Ok, well I'm about to head down to the mission and take some food for the homeless." She said pulling more food out of the oven.

I couldn't believe it. She had cooked almost as much for them as she did for us. When did this woman have time to sleep? 

"Hey we can come too." I volunteered.

"I mean sure if you want to."

The guys agreed and we put on our winter gear and headed down to the mission. When we got there the line was out the door. There were so many homeless people. We all followed Jane to the kitchen when one of the volunteers greeted us.

"Jane!" The blonde headed lady said hugging her.

"Kathy, its so nice to see you. Guys meet Kathy she played a huge part in Hands on Nashville. We did a lot of work together. Kathy these are some of my friends."

"I recognize them from MTV. Its nice to meet you all. Thanks so much for bring all of this." Kathy smiled shaking our hands.

"Your welcome. I really hope its enough. Do you need any extra volunteers?"

"Every bit helps. Thanks for bringing it and no I think were good here."

"Ok well I guess we'll get out of your way. I'll see you later."

"Oh wait, are you staying in Cleveland or are you going back to Nashville soon?"

"I'm undecided at this point. But either way I'll keep in touch." She responded

About 30 mintues later we were back home and I sent Casie upstairs to get ready for bed. "You guys I just wanna thank you guys for going down there with me. It meant a lot to me." Jane said.

"Its cool. Anything for you Jane you know we love you." Slim said

"I love you guys too." She said before walking out  of the living room.

She was at the bottom of the stairs when I stopped her.

"Hey Jane wait a sec." I called to her. She stopped and waited for me to approach her.

"Whats up?"

"I just wanted to say that your a great person. I want to thank you for everything you've done for us. Casie loves having you around. The guys they can't get enough of you and I, I, I really like you.  And I mean more than the guys like you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've fallen for you. And I can understand if you don't feel the same way, I can totally understand. I just wanted to make sure that before you made up your mind about leaving that you knew how I felt about you. Your an amazing woman and if you don't want me I know that any man on this earth would be lucky to have you in their life." 

She didn't say anything.  She just looked at me. I knew she didn't feel the same way I did. Or at least thats what I thought til she grabbed my face and pulled it close to hers kissing me. The next thing I knew I had my arms wrapped around her and was kissing her back. When we finally stopped we realized we had an audience.  Dub and Slim were staying in the arch way of the living room and Casie was upstairs looking down at us. Jane and I both busted out laughing with embarrassment. 

"Hey Uncle Slim, thats where you put the mistletoe!" Casie laughed pointing above the staircase.

"Yeah and they walked right into it. Can't nobody resist the power of mistletoe." He laughed. 

"Santa gave me everything I asked. Even my Christmas wish came true." Casie said