The Newly Weds

Jane

I woke up with a slight headache and no Colson. As I tried to adjust myself in bed I realized I was naked. I got up to put clothes on and noticed Colsons oversized machine gun ring on my ring finger. I wasn't sure how it had gotten there but I took it off and laid it on the bed as I finished getting dressed. The next thing I knew Colson walked in. He didn't say anything but I could tell something was wrong. He just sat down on our bed and didnt say anything.

"Colson whats wrong?"

"Can you sit down I need to talk to you its important."

"Colson what's wrong?! Did something happen to Casie!?" I asked immediately going into panic mode.

"No Casie's fine. Its about us."

What about us? Were we breaking up?

"Ok."

"Well do you remember anything from last night?"

"No not really. I just remember making up at the club last night."

"Well that's not all that happened." Colson grabbed his phone off the table and showed me a few IG videos. I couldn't believe it. We had gotten married. Theres no way he's gonna want to stay married to me. We barely know each other. I love him deeply. I feel like even though we haven't been together long we still knew each other so well.

"Jane." He said breaking my chain of thought.

"I'm sorry. I'm just in shock."

"So what do you want to do?"

"I honestly don't know."

"Look I understand completely if you don't want to be married to me. I mean who would? I have a kid. I'm an ex drug addict. My career has me always on the go. I've slept with tons of women. We just got together and I'm slowly learning how to trust and really love someone. I'm no good for you, I'll end up fucking this up some how. I just know it."

"Colson, I'm not perfect either. I can't say that I wouldn't want to be married to you. Its just we are still getting to know each other. All the stuff from your past it doesn't bother me. I don't know if I'm really what you want. I'm not wild and out of control like some of the girls you've been with. I don't think I could ever be like them." I felt a tear run down my face.

"Your right your nothing like them and that's what makes you so different. I know we're just starting to get to know each other but you've proven to be a beautiful woman both inside and out. Maybe us being married isn't such a bad thing. Maybe its a blessing in disguise."

"Maybe your right. Let's not jump to just brush this whole thing off. Maybe we should just take our time and see where this goes."

Colson didn't reply. He grabbed his ring off the bed and placed it back onto my finger. He looked back up and smiled.

"Just a placeholder until we get back to Cleveland." He said before kissing me.