Better with time

Jane

The next morning I woke up with a headache from hell. I must of been too turnt last night. I reached for my phone and seen a bottle of water and two aspirin on my nightstand. "I didn't put them there." I thought to myself. That's when memories of last night started coming back to me. Omg! I remember asking if I could call Mark and I was singing to someone. Great just great. It must of been Kells. He must of brought me back to my room. God, I probably made a complete fool of myself. I'm definitely going to try to avoid him today.

A little later I went to the concert hall where the show would be held. I noticed everyone crowding around one of the restrooms.

"Whats going on?" I asked Dub

"It's Casie. She locked herself in one of the stalls and is refusing to come out." He said sounding a little worried.

I walked into the restroom where there were several people standing around.

"Casie, its uncle Slim. Why don't you come out so we can play a game?"

"No!" She cried

"Casie baby, its daddy. Come on out and I'll get your favorite ice cream. Cookie dough, you'd like that wouldn't you?" Kells said but she didnt respond.

I walked over to the stall and started talking.

"Hey Casie, its me Jane. The lady you ran into the other day. I got your apology picture. It was really pretty." I paused for a moment.

" I heard about what happened to your mommy. When I was about your age my daddy went to heaven. I couldn't understand why God had to take him. I missed him so much. I cried for him every night. And I felt like no one could understand me and I felt alone and all I wanted was my daddy back. I know that right now you miss your mommy too. I know you feel like everyone around you has forgotten about her and that they want to make you forget her too but thats not true. The memories you have of  your mommy no one can ever take from you. I know your having a hard time understanding why this happened. I just want you to know your never alone. Your mommy will always be around even though you can't see her. She's your guardian angel."

I looked around the restroom and everyone was in tears. I heard the stall unlock and Casie ran to me.

"I know it hurts Casie, I know!" I cried

I held her in my arms and rocked her for what seemed like forever. She ended up falling to sleep and I handed her over to Kells. He mouthed the words "Thank you." Before walking out.

                           Later that night

The show went on as planned and the fans had an awesome time. I helped Hailey get her make up off and then we left for our hotel. I got to my room and showered. I put on my sleepwear; short shorts and a spaghetti strap top. I was about to get in bed when there was a knock at my door. Who could possibly be knocking at this hour?

"Hey, I'm sorry if I woke you. Casie is refusing to go to bed til she sees you." Kells said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, ok. Just let me get my key."

I grabbed my key and went down to Kells room. When he opened the door Casie ran to me.

"Jane! I knew you'd come."

"I had to. I heard you wouldn't go to bed til I came. And I thought I better get down here so you can get your beauty rest."

"Is that how you got so beautiful?" She asked.

"Well of course. Now get into bed." I directed.

"Ok, I'll get in the middle and you can sleep on this side."

"Casie baby I don't..." Kells started to say

Casie started to form tears in her eyes.

"Its ok, I can stay." I said crawling into bed with her.

"Daddy you can sleep on the other side." She said patting the spot

He crawled in and turned the tv on Spourt and Casie began singing the night time song and made Kells and I sing along with her. Shortly after she was out like a light.

"You can go now if you want." He said

"I think I should be here when she wakes up. I don't wanna upset her."

"Can I ask you something?" He said

"Sure."

"How did your dad pass?"

"He had a rare heart condition and passed in his sleep." I spoke softly.

"When will everything go back to normal?"

"It won't. Casie will never get her mother back. This is the new normal. The only thing you can do is be there for her as she comes to terms with her death."

"This is just so hard. My life was changed in the blink of an eye. I'm a full time dad now and on top of that I'm Machine Gun Kelly. And right now I just wanna be Colson. For once in my life I just want be Colson."

I grabbed his hand and held it. "Everything is going to work out, Colson. You just gotta hang in there." I responded.

"I hope so."he said,"I really hope so."