As we walked down the halls of my castle I attempted to ignore most of the people. It would be nothing more than everyone tripping over themselves attempting to fall on their faces for me. Yes I am aware I can breathe fire like our forefathers and archaic dragons, but is all of this necessary?

The sweet scent of Estelle forced me out of my agitated state as we approached the doors of the meeting hall.

Once opened, my eyes scanned the countless women until I was met with my wife. Her long golden hair was braided down her back. The dress she wore was of fae heritage. Dipping low in the back but high in the front. My eyes greedily took in the flesh of her back that was now permanently stained with the mark of our people. My sight also concentrating on the angry bruised marks that would soon sprout her wings.

Wings?
Mate fae!

Anytime I even as much as thought of wings, Gaul was instantly thrown into a deep line of thinking which concerned Estelle and various positions to give her our seed. He needed to cease those thoughts immediately because this was not the time to be his lewd usual self.

"Soile Rex Ignis is here. Everyone, please take your seats."

They all scurried to their seats, as I made my way towards Estelle. She smiled at me and I could tell it was a genuine one but I also felt fear from her. What was the fear from? I am not sure but we would be getting to the reason for that soon.

I walked her over to her seat and pulled hers closer to my own throne before I sat. Some of the women gasped for reasons unknown to me.

"Soile Rex Ignis, Regai Ignis it is an honor to be able to sit down with you both after wanting to for some time now." I glanced at Estelle to see her warmly smiling at the woman speaking. "We have been trying to speak with you two since the marriage but unfortunately we are only able to get to the Princess."

Estelle runs from them too I am sure. Or at least that is what I think Iona has told me. "Yes well I am busy with pressing matters more than half of the day."

She bowed deeply. "Yes, I understand my king but since you are the only fire breather in our nation it is things you need to know about your ancestors who were blessed with the gift of the gods just as you are." Need to know? All I need to know about this fire breathing is that at times it makes my body extremely warm making Estelle cling to me at night. Which I thoroughly enjoyed.

"Tell me what I need to know."

The woman smiled. "Your ancestors with the gift of fire were different from the other dragon shifters. They showed more characteristics of the sky dragons before they were linked to land dwellers."

"Yes, yes the dragons linked with land-dwellers causing the land dwellers to be able to transform into dragons." Only the worthiest of them were competent enough to deal with a fire-breather.

Fire fun.

"Oh, we learned that in our studies, " My wife pointed out proudly before she took a deep breath and pressed her lips together tightly. What was wrong with her?

"Yes, Princess that is wonderful that the faenor have educated you well on our history. As for the effects of fire breathing, that is only something the Caticala are privy to such knowledge." Knowledge that she has yet to expose.