Not to mention this insistent, gnawing pressure to sink my cock into her and fill her with my seed. Gaul has been relentless with his thoughts of 'mating.' My body has been highly aroused any time she so much as breathes in my direction.

Find pretty fae.
Mate now.

Alazar clasped his hands together. He suddenly seemed incredibly overjoyed. "Your heart swells? You love her? Lochelan Magnus Eukayra I am overjoyed. I cannot wait to be a great uncle. I-"

"-Alazar, focus. I have told her this and presented her with jewels. I have done everything right and she is acting odd."

He chuckled. "Lochelan your wife is an odd woman. That is not a bad thing. She has told you she loves back yes?"

She said she loves me like her sister or her father. "No, she has not." Why is my brain acting like an imbecile? I need to be focusing on any possible uprisings and challenges for the throne, not Estelle and her dainty hands and her soft skin. Her smile.

Alazar shrugged. "She is young and is still adjusting to life here. I see the way she looks at you. She may not know it yet but she is in love too. How that sweet girl is in love with you? I am not sure. You never smile, you are violent and disrespectful. Your wife is the complete opposite."

I am disrespectful? "What do you know? You old fool," I growled out as he threw his hand up as if he is annoyed with me. If anything he is being a nuisance to me.

Before we could even continue our most recent discussion, a knock on my door forced us to glance towards it. The scent made me instantly groan out of annoyance.

It was the scent of the Caticala women. One specifically. They had been attempting to sit down and have a conversation with me since my I ended my father but I had evaded them for the most part. Now I was not busy and I knew Alazar was going to open the door.

I watched as he did such a thing, revealing the eldest woman of them all. She bowed to Alazar before her eyes landed on me. Her dragon was out by the look of her eyes and it seemed to have recognized who I was.

She fell to her knees. "Master of the flames, bringer of heat, Soile Rex Ignis I beg of an audience with you and the keepers of ancients." That was another name they called themselves. Keepers of the ancients. It was more like keepers of traditions that were bothersome and unneeded.

I bit at the inside of my cheek to stop the words no from falling out. "Yes, I will grant you an audience."

Her hair full of white popped up, a gracious look in her eyes. "Thank you Soile Rex Ignis! The Princess is already in the meeting chambers." Estelle was there? What seemed to be just a small inconvenience of a meeting was now most likely going to turn into something even more nuisance.

I just hoped to the gods that they would not be going over any sort of tradition dealing with death or sacrifices. Estelle would have multiple objections and tears. I did not want to go through that today. Not upsetting her was one of the highest priorities on my list.

"Alazar you are accompanying us yes?" He gave me a look that if his eyes were an arrow it would shoot me in the mouth for speaking such things.

He gave me a smile of teeth. "Of course Soile Rex Ignis." You would think a man of his age would not be so childish as to say a name I clearly dislike but what more do I expect from Alazar?