Chapter 51

The next morning;

The moment Tessa woke up, she was stunned to find herself in a king sized bed located in a master bedroom with Derek and Aria sitting by the bed.

Aria [shaken]: "Mum, mum, you're awake."

Derek, who was resting on the sofa, immediately stood up and hurried to her side worriedly earning a nervous smile from her.

Derek [while kissing her]: "I love you so much."

Tessa [sadly]: "Where am I?"

Aria [sadly]: "You didn't wake up when grandpa and grandma reached the house, so, um, dad had to carry you up to their guest room."

Tessa [coldly]: "Where are they?"

Derek [firmly]: "Downstairs in the main living room yelling at Aiden. Jake's here too."

Tessa [coughed and stood up]: "I need to go-"

Derek [coldly]: "What you need is to rest. Tessa-"

Tessa [while looking deep into his eyes]: "You and Aria can stay here. I'll deal with this."

Before Derek could say anything, Tessa headed downstairs to the main living room, where her parents, siblings, their spouses, and Jake were seated. Unware that Tessa by the wall watching them, Aiden shook his head and stood still in front of his parents fuming in anger.

Aiden [sternly]: "Playing the dead game with us wasn't the solution. We're not teenagers! I am a grown man, who tends to be-"

Andres [hissing]: "A coward and a heartless man!"

Aiden [chuckled and scoffed]: "I had a plan-"

Jessica [firmly]: "You forcing your pregnant sister and her husband to work overtime was your plan?! I am honestly worried about how badly you will treat her when we die for real! Aiden, you owe your sister and her family an apology and that includes you too, Val! I am so ashamed of you!"

Chris [coldly]: "Maybe it'll be for the best if, you, um, made Tessa have the house and threw Aiden out."

Andres [sternly]: "Chris that's not the time to joke-"

Chris [shrugging]: "It's just a suggestion."

Jake [shook his head and stood up]: "I suggest I take Tessa and Derek to Ottawa and-"

Aiden [sternly]: "You're not taking them anywhere! Why's he even here?!"

Andres [coldly]: "Simply because he proved to be a great brother to your sister. Look, Aiden, your sister is not well and we are worried about her well-being and you and Val did not make things easier on her or on her family. So this is what's going to happen; we are going to leave and move to the country side with your sister and her family."

Aiden [sighing]: "Dad-"

Jessica [sadly]: "We will move on Saturday-"

Valeria [stood still in front of her and sighed]: "We know we messed up, mum, but I'm still not over what Justin did to me-"

Jake [firmly]: "Justin Foley is the reason why you're all in this state not Tessa. You just threw your anger at her for nothing!"

Aiden [sternly]: "You better not say a word-"

Jessica [angrily]: "Aiden that's enough!"

Jake [stood in front of him and faced Andres]: "My offer still stands, sir; Tessa and Derek will be better off staying with us until things get better. I'm certain she's afraid of Aiden and Valeria and her being away will allow her to focus on her family."

Chris [firmly]: "I have a mansion in Florida they could stay in-"

Tessa [coldly]: "I don't want to stay in your mansion or anywhere else."

She stood in front of him and faced her parents, who exchanged sad looks, as Jake went and stood close to her side pissed.

Jake [coldly]: "Tessa, look at me; I didn't fly all the way here to hear you object every option we have to help you out! How much did you hear, huh?"

Tessa [shrugging]: "Not much."

Jake [while hugging her]: "Jesus, you've got me so worried about you, Tessie! When Hailey called me and explained to me everything, I lost my mind. How could you hide something so important from me?"

Tessa [crying]: "I'm sorry."

Jake [kissed her hair and sighed]: "It's all going to be okay now. I've got your back."

Tessa [pulled away from the hug and smiled]: "I know you do."

Jake [firmly]: "Okay, so you're all going to stay with me-"

Tessa [coldly]: "No, we won't. Aiden and Valeria don't like me much but that doesn't mean I'll let go off all this and leave. This is my house as much as it is theirs. I'll just keep my distance and not bother them."

Aiden [firmly]: "Tessa, that's-"

Tessa [while looking deep into Jessica's eyes]: "I'd love to serve you and dad in your sector-"

Andres [sternly]: "You won't be serving any of us anymore. This must have stopped the day we found you're our daughter."

Tessa [sadly]: "But-"

Valeria [coldly]: "Why didn't you tell me about Justin the day you first saw him?"

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "Because I was afraid it'll turn against me that you would all fire me. Justin might have grown up with us, but he got adopted and became quite important in life. I was afraid of him."

Valeria [sternly]: "So humiliating you and releasing that video was better?"

Tessa [coldly]: "I had no idea he was gonna do something like that! Justin assumed that when you all find the truth, you'd be so disgusted in me you'd throw me and Derek out of the estate."

Valeria [sadly]: "I see."

Tessa [sighing]: "So now what?"

Valeria [coldly]: "I always wanted a sister and I always wondered about your whereabouts ever since I was told about the accident. Tessa, I am not a bad person but you should understand that everything has been a mess for me and for Aiden. You gotta understand that we are not mad at you or hate you, God no, we, just, um, are not ready to accept the fact that you are back after, gosh, twenty-nine years and the way you did."

Aiden [coldly]: "It'll be for the best if I took my family and headed to the countryside for a while. We'll be back when we are ready and, um, until then you'd have gotten physically and mentally better."

Tessa [shaken]: "I'm sorry-"

Aiden [sternly]: "Don't apologize. None of this is your fault. I just need to get away for some time. Valeria?"

Valeria [sadly]: "I'll leave too."

Jessica [with tears in her eyes]: "Are you sure this is what you want?"

Aiden [firmly]: "Yes. I will call you guys every day, though, and I won't stop Hailey and the kids from visiting you all."

Here he and Valeria headed out causing Jake to hug Tessa again, who was in tears, as Derek and Aria stepped into the room...

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote and Comment!

Xoxo