Chapter 44

That night;

Derek laid beside Tessa, who was in tears, and hugged her causing her to kiss him and smile as he gently stroked her hair.

Tessa [sadly]: "My parents they are gonna help me, but I don't want to create problems between them and their children."

Derek [firmly]: "Apologize to Aiden and to Valeria, then."

Tessa [sighing]: "But I didn't do anything wrong-"

Derek [kissed her hair and sighed]: "You slapped Aiden and it's probably why he's not willing on helping you out. Just do it. For our baby's sake."

Tessa [while looking deep into his eyes]: "What about Hailey, Jake, and Tiana?"

Derek [sadly]: "Jake is leaving early in the morning with Tiana and Liam. That will give you time to speak with Aiden and Valeria."

Tessa [sighing]: "What about Hailey?"

Derek [firmly]: "I'll make sure she's not around when you talk to them."

Tessa [sadly]: "Okay."

Here she laid back in bed and smiled as he spooned her before turning the lights off...

The next morning;

While the Hamiltons and the Parkers were heading to the dining room alongside Jake, Derek ran up to them causing Aiden to stop and frown as he faced Hailey worriedly.

Derek [firmly]: "Mr. Aiden, Miss Valeria, may I speak with you both before breakfast?"

Valeria [coldly]: "What is it now?"

Derek [while looking deep into Aiden's eyes]: "It's important, sir."

Aiden [with his eyes fixed at Hailey]: "You all go. We'll follow you guys later."

Liam [coldly]: "All's good, Derek?"

Derek [smiling slightly]: "Yeah, man, no worries. It's got something to do with work."

As they all walked away, Aiden narrowed his eyes at Derek and faced Valeria, who scoffed, before pushing him against the wall pissed.

Aiden [sternly]: "What's this important thing you wanna talk to us about?"

Chris, who saw them, immediately turned and ran up to them causing Valeria to roll her eyes and scoff as he pulled Aiden away from Derek.

Chris [sternly]: "You out of your mind, Aiden?! What if someone saw you?!"

Aiden [with his eyes fixed at Derek]: "I would've fired you and your wife a long time ago if the choice were mine."

Derek [sadly]: "I know."

Valeria [coldly]: "What is it that you want from us, Derek? We all have busy schedules! We don't have time to talk to minor employees-"

Derek [firmly]: "I'm sorry, but Tessa is waiting in the bar room."

Chris [frowning]: "Why?"

Derek [sadly]: "She wants to talk to your siblings and doesn't want anyone interrupting them."

Aiden [smirking]: "Fine. Lets go."

Here they followed Derek to the bar room...

During that time;

A nervous frightened panicked Tessa was standing by the bar staring blankly at the multiple types of premium bottles, when the doors opened and the three of them walked in followed by Derek, who closed the door behind him, earning an angry look from both Valeria and Aiden as Chris sat down his eyes fixed at Tessa.

Valeria [sternly]: "You better have a good reason bringing us in here, Tessa. What do you want, huh?"

Tessa, who was on the verse of crying, stood in front of her and nodded slightly earning angry looks from the both of them.

Derek [sadly]: "Tessa is pregnant."

Here the three of them eyed Tessa, who sniffled, and narrowed their eyes as she held Aiden's hand tears streaming down her face.

Tessa [crying]: "I'm sorry I slapped you and crossed my limits with you, sir; I should've never crossed the line and screamed at your face for helping Hailey and her kids out. Please don't get mad at your parents for allowing me to stay and keep on working until my belly starts growing, but-but I don't want that to upset you because I know about the policies you've set out on your employees."

Valeria [coldly]: "Tessa-"

Tessa [while looking deep into her eyes]: "I'm so sorry for what happened with you. I tried my best to not cause trouble, but when Derek showed up and saw him, everything just kept getting worse and worse. I know I ruined your lives, but all I want is for you two not to fight with your parents for agreeing to keep me here. They're so kind and I can assure you they just feel sorry for me, that's all."

Chris [sadly]: "Tessa-"

Aiden [coldly]: "What do you want, Tessa?"

Tessa [wiped her tears off and shrugged]: "Not to fire me."

Aiden [smiling slightly]: "You know very well we can't fire you even if that's the one thing we wanna do."

Tessa [let go off his hand and sniffled]: "I know and I wish I never found out the truth."

Valeria [coldly]: "I'm gonna go eat."

Tessa [shaken]: "Miss Valeria, please-"

Valeria [sternly]: "We won't stop our parents from helping you out, but don't expect me or Aiden to forgive you anytime soon for ruing our lives! You ruined my marriage!"

Aiden [firmly]: "And don't think I don't know why you contacted this Jake and his sister in the first place. Do you really think those clowns would stop me from hurting Hailey and her kids if I ever chose too? You're so naïve."

Tessa [shaking her head slightly]: "Sir, please-"

Aiden [hissing]: "You fucked up big time by bringing them here. Look, once they leave, I'll have Mrs. Riva put on stricter rules for you and your dear husband to follow and this time, you better not fuck up or I'll make sure you both regret it."

Tessa [sobbing]: "I'm sorry, sir-"

Aiden [angrily]: "STOP FUCKING CRYING! IT WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE!"

Tessa [petrified]: "I'm sorry!"

Derek [stood in front of him and clenched his fist]: "You honestly said enough."

Aiden [with his eyes fixed at Tessa]: "Congratulations on your pregnancy and consider yourself lucky there's nothing I can do to throw you out."

Here he broke out of the bar room alongside Valeria leaving Chris and Derek behind to comfort a crying Tessa...

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote and Comment!

XOXO