Chapter 43

The next morning;

While the Hamiltons were gathered around the dining table, Tiana and her husband headed inside alongside Jake, who glared at Chris while taking seats in front of him earning confusing looks from everyone.

Valeria [softly]: "Seems our guest is upset. A problem, Jake? I hope it doesn't involve one of our employees upsetting you."

Jake [firmly]: "Actually, it does. It concerns Tessa. Um, can someone call her in, please?"

Aiden [took a sip off his drink and frowned at him]: "Of course, but why?"

Jake [while looking deep into Chris' eyes]: "I saw my little sister walking back to her room crying and didn't come back to us like she promised she would. Derek's always been protective over her and it's kind of weird of how he just stood aside and didn't say a word to her."

Tiana [coldly]: "Jake, relax. Excuse my brother; he's just too protective-"

Jessica [softly]: "I am aware of how attached you are to Tessa, Mr. Jake, but I can assure you she is-"

Jake [firmly]: "Tessa is not okay and neither is Derek and-"

Valeria [sternly]: "And what do you know? You've just all got here!"

Aiden [coldly]: "I agree with my sister. You are getting worried over nothing, Jake. Tessa is perfectly fine."

Jake [clenched his fist and narrowed his eyes at Chris]: "What did you talk to her about? And why was she so upset?"

Aiden [firmly]: "That's what I would like to know, Chris."

Chris [smirked and took a bite of his sandwich]: "This is good."

Tessa [entering the room]: "You asked to see me, Mr. Aiden?"

As she stood close to his side, Jake stood up and walked up to her earning a worried look from Tessa.

Jake [firmly]: "You didn't come back and we all got worried. You didn't even return our texts and Derek followed you-"

Tessa [sadly]: "We got tired and turned our phones off. Sorry."

Jake [scoffing]: "You got tired? When did you get tired? After talking to your boss or before?"

Tessa [sternly]: "Jake!"

Jake [with his eyes fixed at Hailey]: "Something's not right here. Hailey's doing fine with Aiden, but you-"

Tessa [sternly]: "What about me? It's funny how you are trying to figure out every tiny detail about me, when you just got here! We're not kids anymore, Jake! You need to understand that I'm no longer that scared little girl you once used to protect. I'm over that shit!"

Jake [firmly]: "Are you sure about that?"

Tessa [while looking deep into his eyes]: "Positive."

Jake [smirked and shook his head]: "You were never good at lying."

Tiana [coldly]: "Jake-"

Jake [sternly]: "I vowed to protect you and Hailey and now that I am back, I'm not leaving this easily. As your older brother I will make sure no harm gets you-"

Tessa [softly]: "Harm? I doubt things will get worse than they already are, trust me. I've been through so much shit, Jake, since the last time you saw me. You and Tiana got your life together and so did Hailey, but I'm still fighting. Look, I appreciate you trying to help me, but you need to focus on helping Hailey and Tiana since they're your actual sisters."

Jake [firmly]: "Why are you doing this? You're my sister too! And Derek's my brother-"

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "I'm just the girl you saved, Jake. We only decided to act like siblings because it was a must, but now nothing stops you from backing away. It's okay. I won't get upset with you. It's been fourteen years, after all. Things change."

Jake [coldly]: "But our siblinghood doesn't! Tessa, you and Derek are my family just like Hailey and Tiana are! I don't get why you pushing yourself from us, especially now after we finally are reunited again!"

Tessa [shook her head and shrugged]: "I've gotta get back to work."

Here she broke out of the dining room causing Jake to sit back in his seat and shake his head slightly pissed earning a sad smile from Liam.

Liam [firmly]: "Jake always cared about Tessa-"

Chris [coldly]: "She's right though; you're not her brother."

Tiana [firmly]: "With all due respect, we technically looked after each other just like siblings should. We ate and slept in the same room and supported each other for more than a decade! Tessa, she would have severe nightmares and spend her nights crying and the only people that could comfort her were Derek, Hailey, and Jake, who she was the closest too."

Jessica [while standing up]: "Excuse me."

Here she headed upstairs to her sector shocked to see Tessa dragging the cleaning kit inside. Before she could say anything, Tessa dropped everything and hugged her while crying.

Tessa [sobbing]: "I'm in so much pain, mummy! Please make it stop!"

Jessica [kissed her hair and sighed]: "Lay on the bed and sleep a bit. I'm not going to leave your side anytime soon. Go ahead. I'll just have someone else clean the toilets."

Tessa [sniffled and shook her head]: "Mum-"

Jessica [firmly]: "Go. I've got one of Valeria's pajamas in my closet in case she wished to sleep in the extra bedroom."

Tessa [sadly]: "Thanks mum."

As she headed into the bedroom, Jessica sat back on the sofa in front of the TV and sniffled, when Andres suddenly entered the room.

Andres [coldly]: "Jessica-"

Jessica [sadly]: "She's in the guest room. Our princess is not okay, Andres. She's in so much pain."

Andres [sat beside her and hugged her]: "I know."

That same instant, in the bedroom, Tessa, who was changing into the pajamas she was given, she stared into the mirror and placed her hand on her belly ready to cry.

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "Please let it be a mistake."

Jessica [while entering the room]: "Are you okay, honey?"

Tessa [shook her head and shrugged]: "I need a pregnancy test, please."

Within a few minutes, in the toilet, a crying Tessa was staring at the positive pregnancy test in her hand, when both Jessica and Andres walked in causing her to stand away from the sink and shrug.

Jessica [sadly]: "Honey-"

Tessa [firmly]: "Please don't let anyone find out about this. I'll get rid of the baby and like that you won't have to fire me-"

Andres [sternly]: "You're not getting rid of your baby."

Tessa [crying]: "I can't lose my job, dad. I'm just your employee and I know you two have a strict policy in firing pregnant staff members-"

Jessica [coldly]: "You're our daughter-"

Tessa [sniffled and threw the test in the bin]: "Your eldest son will not be happy. He might put that as an excuse to fire me! He's already angry with me for what I did. This is really, really, really bad! I barely make enough to provide for Aria and now that she is gonna attend Elton High-"

Andres [sternly]: "I will give you as much money as you need. If your siblings are the problem, they don't have to know. We'll give you money from our personal account."

Tessa [sadly]: "I have to go talk to Derek, but I don't want you thinking I agreed to call you mum and dad for the money cause I didn't."

Andres [rested his hand on her cheek and smiled]: "We'd never think that, precious."

For all answer, Tessa hugged him and cried on his chest causing Jessica to stand closer to her side and kiss her shoulder with tears in her eyes...

Hope you enjoyed!

Xoxo!

Don't forget to vote and comment!