Chapter 8

Video Part 2:

Tessa [sadly]: "I need a drink."

Without saying a word, Derek opened a bottle of whiskey and poured her a glass and another one for him earning a slight smile from her.

Derek [while sitting down beside her]: "Why didn't you tell me? It would've been nice if you were the one that revealed to me this truth and not that son of a bitch, Justin Foley! You know how much I hate this guy! He hasn't changed! Still the same dick he was back at the orphanage."

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "I'm sorry. I'm still in shock, though. Sitting down with that man and learning the truth-it-it broke me, Derek, it really did."

Derek [sadly]: "Then talk to me. Tell me everything in details. It might help."

Tessa [took a deep breath and stood up]: "And talk about what exactly? Penelope Sandy Saldivar, the woman who hired some random man to take me away? Or about how I was bullied in foster care and abused by most foster parents I was sent to live with? Or about us? Or about the fact that I work my ass off day and night to make sure they, my own family, doesn't throw me and my daughter out on the street? I'm tired, Derek, I really am. Everything's so fucked up, I don't know if I can do this anymore."

She slid down against the wall and sobbed causing Derek to walk her way and sit right beside her and smile warmly at her earning a light chuckle from her.

Derek [smiling slightly]: "Crying doesn't fit you."

Tessa [took a sip off her drink and shook her head]: "This is seriously so fucked up. I've been working here for four months, Derek, four! And right when you showed up and beat the shit out of Aiden Hamilton, I had to find out who I am and now Justin knows. This is so great! Out of all the people Valeria Hamilton could have ended up with, she chose to marry that food stealer, Justin! I mean for real; the guy used to live with us in the same house and cause so much trouble and now look where he is. Married of to a beautiful sexy heiress living in luxury. Son of a bitch!"

Derek [sadly]: "Luck was on his side. But, hey, don't worry; I doubt he'll say anything. He's got no proof and the Hamilton can't make you do a DNA test if you don't want to."

Tessa [while looking deep into his eyes]: "You're honestly the last person I expected to see, you know. I thought you-you were gone for good. That me and Aria are never going to see you again."

Derek [sadly]: "I was a mess, Tessa. I was fifteen and in an abusive foster home-"

Tessa [coldly]: "So was I!"

Derek [sighing]: "But you were stronger than I ever was and guess I was, um, jealous of that. You were stronger than me, than Justin, than any other person in that house. You were the only one not afraid of fighting Justin and get the food he had stolen back."

Tessa [softly]: "And now I clean his bathroom and toilets. What a life? I wonder what Jake, Hailey, and Tiana would say if they ever found out I clean our bully's toilet. They'd probably flip."

Derek [chuckling]: "Do you remember the time Justin got stuck in the basement and Mrs. White ended up punishing all of us? You were so hungry that night I sneaked into the kitchen and got you a loaf of bread to eat. It was the only thing I could reach."

Tessa [sadly]: "Yeah, I do. I still have nightmares-"

Derek [coldly]: "Tessa?"

Tessa [while looking deep into his eyes]: "Yeah?"

Derek [with tears in his eyes]: "I'm sorry I wasn't around for you and Aria. I fucked up a lot, but you have to know I wasn't okay. I had no job, no family to rely on, and plus I had you and Aria to look after. It was too much pressure; I couldn't do it at the time. I-I was weak."