Chapter 2

Man [sighed and shook his head]: "I am the one who took you away that night; I kidnapped you from the hospital and took your birth certificate and picture and kept you with me for three months before I I officially placed you at the door of a foster care agency."

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "Why?"

Man [firmly]: "Because of Penelope Sandy Saldivar, your father's ex-girlfriend. She planned the whole thing and hired me to kill you, but I couldn't do that. I-I, instead, kept you with me and hid you before I gave you up for good. I recently found out you work at the Hamilton Estate and that, um, you have a fourteen years old daughter-"

Tessa [sternly]: "The only reason I got a job as a minor toilet cleaner at the estate is cause Mrs. Hamilton felt sorry for me; she found me and my daughter sleeping in the car by the estate four months ago! I clean her children and their families' toilets! I do that every single day! My-my ex-boyfriend, my daughter's father, he shows up every once in a while asking me for money! How will I ever sit down and tell them everything, huh? How!? Mr. Hamilton will throw me out and I will end up homeless again for sure! I-I can't-"

Man [firmly]: "Penelope Sandy Saldivar committed suicide yesterday. That's why I was able to come and talk to you once and for all. I am also leaving the country for good so whatever you decide to do isn't my problem. I'm just here to tell you my side of the story and leave, no more no less."

Tessa [muttering]: "Fuck!"

Man [smirked and stood up]: "The woman who wanted you dead is gone so I'm no longer forced to keep my mouth shut. Penelope Saldivar was the reason why you were taken away from your family, Miss Heavens. She paid me one million dollars to do the job."

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "And-and my parents? What did they do when you took me away?"

Man [sadly]: "Nothing. They learned to leave with the pain and five years later, they had Christopher Jeremy Hamilton, your youngest boss."

Tessa [stood in front of him and scoffed]: "I hope you live the rest of your life in pain because I ended up living a very miserable life!"

She pushed him back and stormed back into the car earning a sad smile from the man, who turned and walked away

Later that day;

Aria was showing her dad the expensive cars, when no other than Mr. Aiden John Hamilton and his father, Mr. Andres, walked up to them causing her to pull her dad away from the cars and gulp as both men glared at her and at Derek, who scoffed.

Aiden [sternly]: "Who is this man, Aria? And where is your mother?"

Aria [sadly]: "She went to the-the store, sir, and this is, um, my-"

Derek [coldly]: "I'm her dad, Derek Fillerson, and Tess's ex-boyfriend."

Andres [hissing]: "None of my employees are allowed to have visitors without informing one of us!"

Derek [firmly]: "My apologies, sir, but I had to come and give Tessa something-"

Andres [sternly]: "I don't care! Aiden, have Valeria and your mum deal with this! We gotta go!"

Derek [hesitantly]: "Sir-"

Andres [sternly]: "Aiden, let's go."

As they both were about to get into their car, Tessa drove through the gate and pulled right in front of them earning angry looks from the both of them.

Aria [running up to her]: "Mum!"

As Derek stepped closer to her and helped her out of the truck, Aiden walked up to her and scoffed earning a grunt from Derek.

Tessa [shaken]: "Mr. Aiden-"

Aiden [sternly]: "Two hundred dollars will be taken out of your salary for letting a stranger into the estate, Miss Heavens."

Tessa [sadly]: "Sir-"

Before she could continue, Derek punched him right in the face causing Aiden to punch him back and fight him. Within seconds, employees gathered around them and as they tried to push a furious Derek away, Jessica Hamilton and her children, Valeria, and, Chris, ran outside to them alongside their spouses, Lizzy, 24, and Justin, 30, whose eyes widened at the sight of Derek, who was punching Aiden.

Chris [angrily]: "Aiden!"

Tessa and Aria, who were trying to pull Derek away, were roughly pushed back by him and froze in their places as he joined a now bleeding Aiden into beating Derek twice as hard as he did.

Lizzy [coldly]: "Chris! Chris, stop!"

Andres [furiously]: "ENOUGH!"

Here Chris and Aiden stopped and stood away from Derek, whose face was swollen up.

Tessa [while facing Aria]: "Go inside, honey; your dad's okay, don't worry."

Aria [nervously]: "Daddy?"

Derek [panting]: "I'm okay, kiddo. Listen to your mum."

Sandy [firmly]: "Come on, Aria."

As she took her inside, Derek and Tessa followed the angry Hamilton family to the main living room, where they all sat down glaring at them. Tessa, who stood in front of them with tears in her eyes, glared at Derek as he eyed Justin coolly and scoffed.

Valeria [sternly]: "I say we call the cops and put an end to this!"

Tessa [sadly]: "Miss Valeria-"

Justin [while glaring at Derek]: "You better not look my way, you piece of shit, before I punch you again!"

Valeria [sternly]: "Mum, dad, do something!"

Jessica [while glaring at Tessa]: "Do you have any idea of the damage the father of your child caused!? He could be locked up for a long time if we call the police and press charges against him! My husband and I have connections and we could easily hurt you if we wanted to."

Tessa [sadly]: "I know, ma'am, and I am so sorry! It won't happen again."

Chris [sternly]: "Of course it won't!"

Derek [coldly]: "How you spoke to Tessa and-"

Tessa [sternly]: "Derek, shut it!"

Derek [rolled his eyes and glared at Aiden]: "I wouldn't have punched you if you did not raise your voice at her."

Justin [smirking]: "Seems someone's protective over his girl"

Tessa [while glaring at Justin]: "I'm not his girl!"

As Justin, Derek, and Tessa glared at each other, Valeria narrowed her eyes and faced her brother, who shook his head, and smiled as her husband held her hand tightly in his.

Andres [sternly]: "Never ever speak to my son-in-law the way you just did or I'll officially fire you, Miss Heavens."

Aiden [with his eyes fixed at Derek]: "I'm gonna press charges against you-"

Derek [sadly]: "No need to involve the cops in this, sir. Let me work for you for free as a pay back. I'll do as I'm told, just don't blame Tessa for this. All she did was let me see our kid."

Tessa [coldly]: "Derek, that's-"

Chris [stood in front of him and smirked]: "Sounds like a good idea; you will be one of the drivers at the estate and do everything we ask of you."

Derek [smirking]: "Fine by me."

Tessa [coldly]: "You can't stay here."

Derek [sadly]: "I want to. Don't worry, I will not bother you during my stay here."

Chris [firmly]: "It is settled then; you will work for me and stay in one of the rooms in the gate house. You will have till tonight to settle your things or I'm calling the cops."

Derek [nodding]: "Okay."

As he and Tessa walked out, Andres and Jessica both narrowed their eyes at Justin, as he smirked, before leaving the room

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote and Comment!

Xoxo! ❤💖💥