Chapter 3

That night;

As Aria was sleeping, Tessa was sitting down on her bed staring at the birth certificate, when she received a text message from Derek stating;

Come outside. I'm waiting.

Once she walked out to the gate house, Derek, who stood by the gate, went and stood in front of her with two mugs of hot chocolate.

Derek [smiling slightly]: "I know it's your favorite."

Tessa [sternly]: "You really did something stupid today."

Derek [shrugging]: "I know. Um, why didn't you tell me that prick is living here?"

Tessa [sadly]: "That prick is our boss now, so please refrain yourself from using that word. Refer to him as Mr. Foley."

Derek [scoffing]: "Mr. Foley my ass! That douchebag grew up with-"

Tessa [sternly]: "Instead of worrying about Justin's life adjustments, you should focus on Aria. I must provide her with everything she needs. She starts High School next month and I haven't enrolled her in one yet. There's not one single public high school nearby."

Derek [sadly]: "I see. Look, I know I wasn't around much, but I-"

Tessa [sternly]: "You weren't around for five years! You used to leave us with nothing for days!"

Derek [sadly]: "I'm sorry."

Tessa [with tears in her eyes]: "If we had parents to guide us, we wouldn't be in this position right now. We are a mess, Derek; we always have been a complete mess."

Derek [sadly]: "Foster homes broke us. Lucky son of a bitch! Life was on his side!"

Tessa [rolled her eyes and scoffed]: "Enough! I was fourteen and alone when I fell pregnant and had Aria, Derek, and you were barely around. No house wanted a teenager with a baby-"

Derek [coldly]: "I have changed. I want you and Aria to be okay-"

Tessa [firmly]: "We are okay, but it is not thanks to you. I stayed with you for five years and in those five years you treated me and our daughter like trash! You lost your chance, Derek, and what you did today proves that I did the right decision."

Derek [with tears in his eyes]: "Aria is my daughter and I love her very much-"

Tessa [coldly]: "What do you want from me, Derek?"

Derek [sadly]: "Nothing but to see you and our daughter happy."

As he walked back to his room, Tessa headed back to hers while tears streamed down her face...