Chapter 97: Parenthood

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Y/N's POV:

I looked over to George who was trying to calm down Willow. She never stopped crying and neither did I. «She doesn't like me, George!» I nervously shouted since I only made her cry.

«She do like you» George tried to comfort me, but it was a lie. She don't. «Shh... Williow...» He was able to silence her instantly.

«See!? She hates me!» Tears ran down my cheeks by the thought of her not liking me.

«Of course you like your mommy, Willow, right?» He used a baby voice and came over to me, handing the child to me. She didn't cry? I protectivly wrapped my arms around her, but I couldn't feel anything you were supposed to feel. Isn't she supposed to be the most important thing in my life?

«I'm sorry, Willow...» I whispered to her. «You need to take her..»

«It's been two weeks...» George sighed. He lied down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. «You need to take responsibility... The only reason she always cries is because you two doesn't know each other.. You gotta pretend at least..»

«Fine.. fine.. I will..» I nodded and kissed Willow on her bald head.

«See? It's working» He chuckled. «I love you. Both of you. More than anything»

I looked down at Willow. There was a 50% chance that she would end up motherless. I didn't want to get too attached. «I love you too» I said to George.

                                       ****

~Two weeks later.

Willow was growing abnormaly fast. She was probably already like 2 years old. She had started to crawl and even talk. Molly was right... there was something weird about the pregnancy. «Willow! You can't touch that!» George ran after the little girl who wasn't bald anymore. «Is it normal for them to just grow up so fast?!»

«No!» Molly shouted and came running. «It's not normal for a four weeks old child to be 2 years old!»

«Thought so» I replied and sat down next to Willow. «You're a normal child? Yes?» I asked her.

«Mommy» She replied. The only word she can... except daddy.

«Right...» I muttered. She was walking pretty good and tried to hug me. I hesitatingly hugged her back. «Go to your dad» I slightly pushed her in Georges direction. He looked up at me from the floor with a disapproving look. He started playing with her, laughing and joking with her. I hurried into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of firewhiskey.

«How are you doing, dear..?» Molly asked from behind me.

«I don't know..» I replied.

«I thought you said that you wanted this»

«I lied..» I quietly sighed. «George wanted this... George obviously loves her» I pointed into the livingroom to see them playing. Now with Fred aswell. «I don't know how I feel...»

«Hm... It would maybe have been easier if she stopped growing so fast... so you could have formed a bond..» She shrugged. «You just gotta do your best. Own up to the choice you made»

«Do you think it's weird seeing him as a father?» I asked her.

«Very weird» She slightly chuckled. «It's George»

«Mhm..» I slightly chuckled aswell. «He's good at it though...»

«To everyone's surprise»