Chapter 43: The Yule Ball

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The Yule ball is tomorrow and Regina, Zoe, Clary and I were trying on our dresses. «Can you help me zip up my dress?» Regina asked.

I got up and walked over to her zipping up her dress. «Thank you» She answered. «Does it look good?» She twirled dramatically.

«Really good» I chuckled.

I lied down on my bed with my face in the pillow and started to whine. «It's not until tomorrow» Zoe shrugged. «Stop whining Y/n»

«I don't want you all to watch me dance» I muttered into my pillow. «And the dress Remus got me shows my back... Actually, it shows a lot of skin»

«How is much skin is that?» Clary asked.

«It shows everything above my shoulders»

«So it shows your neck?» She chuckled.

«You wanna see my back and neck without makeup to cover it up?» I asked in an annoyed tone.

She sighed before appologizing. I put on my dress and looked into the mirror. I turned around and looked over my shoulder to see my burnt off skin.
«They are just gonna think it's because of the task» Zoe said trying to comfort me.

«Maybe, but it still looks disgusting...» I said with a sad look in my eyes. «And George looked unfomfortable when he looked at it...»

«He's still your boyfriend so I don't think he cares about it» Regina said trying to sound positive.

«I guess he don't» I smiled to myself. «...He must really like me..»

«Maybe he loves youuuuuu» Clary started making kissing noises.

«He doesn't» I shrugged her off.

«Do you love him?» Regina asked now invested.

«No» I answered while taking off my dress.

«Don't be scared to admit that you love someone. It's not a sign of weakness» Regina said.

«I'm not ready to love someone like that» I answered in a cold voice while putting on my pyjamas. «They will expect things from me»

My three friends looked at eachother, sharing a worried look before Zoe turned to me. «If he told you that he loved you, what would you do..?» She asked nervously.

«That's not going to happen» I replied and put a blanket over me.

«If he did»

I got silent for a while. I thought about it a lot, but I knew the answear as fast as she asked.
«...I don't know... I think it would be to much for me...»

«Don't break up with him!» Regina shouted.

«You care about this to much, he doesn't love me» I laughed. «Don't worry»

«One day he probably will!»

«And maybe that day, I will feel the same way too» I replied with a smile.

«Alright...» Regina huffed and helped Zoe put on her dress.

•••••••••••••••The next morning••••••••••••••••

«Merry christmas» Regina yawned.

«Merry christmas» I replied and opned my eyes.

«Merry christmas!» Zoe and Clary shouted excited. We exchanged gifts and cookies. I got a nose biting teacup from Zoe, loads of chocolate from Clary and a locket with a moving picture of my three friends in it from Regina.