Chapter 70

I woke up, with the sound of an owl ticking the glass of my window, I've never seen this owl before, a screech owl to be more precisely, no one that I knew, had this type of owl, which made me think twice about grabbing the letter.

She kept ticking the glass, so I opened the window, and grabbed the letter that was on her beak, and eyed it carefully before opening it.

I pulled a chair, and sat in it, without taking my eyes off the letter, it had my name on it, and a little, red stamped, nothing else.

I decided to open it, and read the letter carefully.

Y/N

First of all, I'd like to apologize to send you a different owl, I couldn't risk it to father find out that I was trying to reach you.

I made a pause to think about my sister, and how she must be felling alone, locked in that house, while I'm here, with my friends, not that I enjoy to be here, but is better than being in that house.

I stopped my thoughts, and focused my gaze on the letter again.

I said I'd write to you, and I did, I'm sorry it took me so long so reach to you, but I had to distracted my father so I could ask Narcissa to use one of their owls.

I wish I could speak with you in person, but father has become even more paranoid, and mother is scared for all of us.

Don't reply to this letter, I send you this one without father noticed it, and he will definitely confiscate every letter I receive.

I barely leave my room, the sounds of screams and madness make me keep inside, were I feel safe.

A war is coming Y/N, I can feel it, and I know you feel it as well, everybody here feel it, and they're trustful that they'll win it.

I know about father's enchantments to my room as I know that you tried to reach my ad well, I know you, I'm your sister.

Well, unfortunately, I don't have any news, either good or bad, I got nothing, I prefer staying indoors, I know now how you felt.

Please be strong Y/N, and keep an eye wide open, and I'm sorry, for everything.

Stephanie.

I hugged the letter against my chest, as a proof that my sister was alive and well, the most recent thing I had from her, I assure myself that I would see her soon.

I told myself I had to be strong, for her, for Draco, for my friends, she risk herself to send this letter to me, and it wouldn't be in vain.

I saw her handwriting carefully, I noticed some changes in it, some intriguing changes, maybe she had to write it too fast to send it to me, but I didn't gave much attention to that detail, and put the letter inside of a drawer.

"Y/N?" Draco asked, in his morning voice, slowly raising his head from his pillow, his eyes half closed as he was not wide awake. "Why are you up do early, love?" He asked, yawning, and stretching his body, fully awaking.

"My sister sent me a letter." I said softly, sitting on the edge of the bed, on his side.

"Really, well what did she said, everything okay?" He asked, rubbing his eyes, and looking at me, still with his pupils really small as his mind was still awaking.