Chapter 10

"The Yule Ball, has been a tradition, of the Triwizard Tournament, since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests, gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." Snape said now following every student with his gaze. "Now, stand up, get a partner, and in 5 minutes I want to see you all dancing, without complaining."

"Pity, I thought he was going to teach us how to dance, it would've been so fun, can you imagine." Delilah murmured on my ear.

"Yeah, I can definitely imagine that." I let out a small laugh before standing up, and suddenly I felt a cold hand grabbing mine, and pulling me to the dance floor.

"Blaise, hey I haven't see you in like forever." I said while watching his moves, he grabbed my hand, and put the other one on my waist, and started dancing with me.

"Yeah I know right, well tell me, Mrs. Lakewood, how have you been?" The boy showed me a smile.

"Well, Mr. Zabini, lately I've been better than ever before, how about you?" We both laughed of the way we were talking to each other, and we talked for a few moments until Snape said to switch of partners, so I turned around and ended up on Draco's arms.

"Looks like no matter how hard we try, we always end up together, I wonder why." The boy smirked, while he grabbed my hand and put the other one on my waist.

"Well is that a good or bad thing?" My gaze was now focus on his eyes.

"I guess we'll never know." The boy smirked, but still with his eyes locked with mine.

We danced like that for moments, talking, laughing, I wanted that moment to last forever, until Snape dismissed the class.

When we walked outside of the classroom, I found Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Hey guys, I see you are good again, was about time." I turned my gaze at Ron and Harry.

"Yeah, I figured out he wouldn't put his name in the Goblet." Ron said while his gaze was between Harry and me.

"Good, hey Harry what did you find out about the egg?" I furrowed my eyebrowns in curiosity, and turned my gaze to him.

"Well, it has a clue inside of it, but we don't know what it is, we can't quite hear it an..." Ron cut him off.

"Quite hear?! I would say that the problem is that we can hear to much." My eyes were so in confusion, my gaze was looking between the all three, with my eyebrowns furrowed.

"What Ron means is that, when we open the egg, we hear like noises super loud and we haven't found out how to decipher them yet." Hermione said explaining the things more clearly.

"Oh okay, if you need help, just tell me."

"Oh Y/N can I talk with you?" Harry asked me and I shaked my head, and he pulled us away from Hermione and Ron. "I wanted to ask you, if you wanted to go to the Ball with me?" I flinched at his question, his voice was nervous and stammering.

"Well, I don't know Harry, do you mean as friends?" I asked.

"No, I...Fuck it..." he pulled me by my waist giving me a kiss, and I fastly pulled us away.

"Harry what the fuck?!" I brought distance between us looking at the boy even more nervous. "Look, I would love to go with you, but as friends, not as something else."

"But Y/N, I want to go with you, please, I love you." He stepped closer to me but I stepped back, I know Harry, even if we went as friends, it would always mean something more to him, and it would give him hope, and then it would break him, destroyed him.