"Your highness."

"Break him and put him back together. As many times possible. I want him alive."

He pounded his fist into the hard ground. "It will be an honor, Soile Rex Ignis ."

Taking a deep breath, I gripped his shoulder in thanks. I hope that is not the new name they have given me. That is a title worthy of a king, a male of extreme worth...

As I made my way out of the dungeons my eyes met with fiery red hair. "Prince...I apologize again. I-I truly do."

He was in the corner of cell. His injuries were extensive from our battle, but he was healing at an adequate level. I will consult with Alazar on what to do with him. I wanted him put him to death immediately but for som reason, I let him live. I cannot say the same for Cael when he finishes what I have tasked him to do...

"You cannot help that you are weak. I blame myself and Cael for believing in you." He did not respond and I did not need for him to do so. By the time I made it to the steps of the dungeon, a soldier was there with a basin of water and knew robes.

I scrubbed my hands and forearms thoroughly, staining the clear water crimson. I did not want to risk Estelle seeing my violence. I already know how she feels about such things.

After changing my robes I made my way to the castle. Everyone I passed had the upmost respect for me, falling on their faces, saying prayers up to our gods as I passed.

"I am glad all is well. Do you think..."

Upon walking down one of the corridors I was coming up on Alazar and another counsel member speaking. The man immediately dropped to his knees. Alazar bowed deeply.

"Ruler of Ignis."

Yet another name people have made up for me. "Rise," I told the man as he scrambled up to his feet. He stared at me as if I had fire dancing on my head. "You may take your leave."

The man bowed at least three times before he scurried down the hall. A scoff made me tear my eyes away from the man and the spectacle he was making. "I hope you do not expect me to kiss your feet. My knees are much too old for that."

"I have not had that happen yet."

The corner of his lips jerked. "Wait until the crow women get ahold of you." I was actively trying to avoid the nuisances. I did not have time for them and their traditions and foolishness. "Has anyone offered you sacrifices yet?"

"No."

Alazar seemed surprised. "No big breasted women throwing themselves at you?" I would throw them away if they threw themselves at me. "I suppose the look you are giving would be enough to scare even the most experienced sexual artist away."

"Good. No one has done anything extraordinary. Just avoiding me and falling on their faces. It is ridiculous..."

"Lochelan you are the first in three hundred years. Do you feel different?"

"I feel annoyed and I should be talking to my wife, not you," I told Alazar as he put his hand on my shoulder, attempting to stop me from going any further. I glared at him. "What is that you want?"

Alazar growled. "I want to speak to you before you speak to that delicate flower of a wife you have." A flower? I suppose Estelle is delicate. She is more like a vine. She spreads her ideas quickly and latches on to people...