Chapter 12

Tell me guys if you like this 'behind the scenes stuff' (basically stuff not directly concerning y/n and Ahsoka) or if you would just prefer their moments only. Anyways happy reading!

"Ya think this is still what ya'd call a stealth mission?" Whipper grumbled quietly to his four companions. "Honestly, if the Seppies don't know we're here, then we'd have already won this kriffing war."

"Hey quiet!" Frost hissed back at his brother. He was the uptight, agitated one that stuck tight to the rules like glue.

"Honestly, I don't know," Solo whispered back. "Is there really any point of getting that chip if they know we're here? The clankers will know what we're stealing and just stop sending messages cyphered with it."

The five ARC troopers peered around a corner. Hio performed the 'all clear!' signal and they crept into the loading dock, hiding behind a large pile of crates. Ships of many different sizes were parked in the area. Battle droids patrolled across the deck; there seemed to be more than there were supposed to be, probably alerted by the alarms that Anakin had accidentally triggered. To the far right, the huge aircraft gate was tightly closed.

Solo silently pointed out the control boards that a small group of droids were manning, no doubt the command centre of the loading dock.

"Nah, General told me it's a diversion," Dagger said, resuming their conversation. "We know that the chip here is fake. Droids are dumb metalheads, we're supposed to fool them into thinking that the real data is safe. And even if we do alert them and the Seppies stop sending these coded messages, we'll still be able to use the data chip to analyse how they cypher stuff."

Frost snorted irritably. "And why would she tell you? I'm easily the most responsible of all of us here."

"I thought you said we should shut up," Whipper said, a slight hint of mirth in his voice.

The clones fell silent, and in due time as well. A squadron of super battle droids marched past them, barely a meter away. Their loud machine noises echoed through the large room.

Once the droids had left, Hio peeked over the crates to continue surveying the loading dock. A small detail caught his eye and he nudged his brothers to catch their attention. He pointed at a sandstone grey Sheathpede Class Transport Shuttle. A red battle droid sat in the cockpit.

That's him, Hio mimed. Captain l/n's droid.

The small group cautiously crept through the deck, hiding behind transports to conceal themselves. They couldn't risk shooting any droids, drawing attention to themselves and endangering the others. Instead, the five clones had to slowly creep through the maze of ships, droids and crates.

Finally they arrived at the foot of the shuttle.

"It's us!" Dagger said quietly into his wristcom after dialling in the reprogrammed droid's number.

"Code?" it's high tinny voice replied.

"27062008" the trooper recited. "Verify and let us in."

The boarding ramp was lowered and they quickly scampered into the cabin.

"We've got the ship, General," Dagger spoke into his commlink.

"...We've got the ship, General," Dagger's voice sounded through Aayla's wristcom.

"Excellent. Hold out there, we're coming."