Chapter 33

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, THIS PART WAS REALLY HARD TO WRITE COS I NEEDED TO DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!!! ANYWAYS ENJOY

"y/n! Ahsoka!"

The two had previously been sprawled on a large bench, asleep, y/n's head resting on Ahsoka's shoulder as they both snored quietly.

"What- I'm awake I'm awake!" he jerked up suddenly, hearing the muffled voice, and immediately felt something hard collide with the top of his head.

"Oh kriff I'm sorry," with widened eyes he quickly glanced around his surroundings, remembering where he was, before turning to Ahsoka. She was rubbing her jaw where y/n had accidentally bumped her, hissing slightly in pain.

"Kriff, are you alright?" he asked in a worried tone. "I didn't mean it I'm sorry-"

"I'm fine," she chuckled slightly with a roll of her eyes. "Don't worry about it."

"You sure?" he questioned lightly, cheeks tinted red from embarrassment.

"No, I broke my jaw and now need reconstructive surgery."

That wasn't the best response because obviously y/n didn't take it the right way.

"Shoot, the med bay!" he said, thinking that she had sustained considerable damage. He stood and was about to drag Ahsoka towards the door before she punched his shoulder.

"n/n. Seriously. It's all good. Relax," she offered him a smile. "It was just a bump, I've suffered much worse, you know. Since when did you become such a dumb himbo?"

"Oh, so are you saying that you think I am an attractive person who has all heart no brain?" he grinned, ignoring the more derogatory part of her comment.

She flushed immensely at that statement and looked away before he could further embarrass her.

"Anyways...didn't someone call us?" she asked, changing the topic as she began to tidy up the data tapes they had poured over, and the flimsiplast filled with their hurried, scribbled notes. Before falling asleep the two had been studying political strategy.

"Yup, Master's right outside the door," he answered, simply sweeping his work with one arm into the sack like device he had quickly fashioned out of his cloak.

His Force senses were correct as the entrance to the room whooshed opened, Aayla's form appearing in the doorway.

"Ah, there you two are," she smiled. "I was looking for you. Drop by the briefing room in five minutes, we've got a change of plan. And y/n, go get yourself something proper before you drop all your work," the Twi'lek added with amusement in her voice.

"Come on Master, I'm not that incompetent," he grinned, then barely avoided stopping a couple of data tapes from sliding out of the bundle. "I was looking forward to our sparring session though, it's a shame we won't be able to do that with this new plan."

"Hm yes, so excited that you fell asleep and left your assignment half done. We both know you are just itching to show off your new lightsaber," Aayla teased.

"I did beat you last time," he shrugged. "And the time before that. And last..."

"Don't get ahead of yourself, my apprentice. One victory does not guarantee one hundred," she pointed out. "Overconfidence can topple a person as easily as the lack of self-esteem. It's a good thing you've got a load of that stuff, but sometimes I swear your big head gets bigger and bigger."