Chapter 46

hey y'all. im back again. sooo current posting schedule is two chappies per month. i can't believe we've reached over 150k reads and i'd like to thank you all for the support; it means a lot to me. please keep commenting and voting, i love reading through the messages you guys send. anyways, here y'all go

They had kissed.

It was all Ahsoka could think about as her mind wandered away from reality. She was looking at what was happening in front of her, but not seeing.

Instead, the image of y/n and Trios in the cockpit, just before they landed back on Sho-Torun, played again and again in her head like a data-tape. She couldn't look away as he leaned across the seat towards her and then pressed his lips against Trios'.

"'Soka. 'Soka. Ahsoka!"

His voice jerked her away from the haunted memory. The Togruta blinked and scowled, turning away from y/n and facing the hissing, disembodied MagnaGuard training droids' body parts littered around them.

They were in a training room, back on Coruscant. Her body was in there, but her mind kept flicking back to Sho-Torun.

"Right, sorry you're doing all the work."

"No, it's not that," y/n bit back. "You need to focus. Your head's off in space somewhere and you're not concentrating. Another millisecond and that electrostaff would've stung you back-to-back to the present."

She wanted to argue back, and opened her mouth to say something. Something along the lines of how he was supposed to tell her what to do after he'd so blatantly broken the Jedi Code, in front of her. But instead, her mouth opened and closed without any words. Ahsoka exhaled loudly and dropped her gaze.

y/n's eyes lingered on her for another second, his eyes narrowed.

After Sho-Torun, his mindset had changed completely.

They had landed on the planet after successfully escaping and blowing up the Separatist ship in the process, only to come back to a battlefield where the droids had decimated the Republic army and navy. They'd lost over half their troops.

Afterwards y/n had spent the entire journey back to Coruscant locked away in the then empty barracks of the ship, tattooing names onto himself until they reached the base of his left pectoral.

That time rescuing the princess and Ahsoka had been wasted. He had spent too much time, wasted the valuable ticking seconds, thinking only about himself and his puny emotions. None of that mattered.

He should have been down there, fighting alongside his men. Instead he was up there, faking his relationship with Trios so he could gain the upper hand in Ahsoka's thoughts.

y/n was done. Finally he understood why there was a Code, why there couldn't be attachments. There could only be service. Service to his men, to his troops, to the Jedi Order and to the galaxy. He had to keep everyone safe, even if it costed him his own emotions.

Now, he forced himself to clear his mind, to push aside the feelings he had for Ahsoka, even if it was difficult. She didn't come first anymore, or at least his brain tried to enforce that onto his heart.

y/n kept cool as he pressed a button on the wall, and the vast training room's walls randomly collapsed inwards. From these new doorways, out marched a squad of MagnaGuards.

Ahsoka drew her two lightsabers. As the first two droids broke rank and rushed at her, she blocked their electrostaffs and ducked under the sizzling weapons. Trying to attack them from behind, she lunged at the MagnaGuard's leg, but the machine blocked the strike with the back of its staff.