Chapter 7

YES IM SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE BUT IT'S FINALLY UP!!!!

She hadn't heard that voice for two whole years.

Ahsoka turned and stared.

y/n l/n, her best friend, stood only a few metres away.

He leaned against a door, smirking a lopsided smirk-until the door accidentally opened and he stumbled and fell.

"Welp. Not a good entrance," he grinned from the floor. "So...are you gonna help me up or just keep staring at me and the carpet? I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a pretty interesting carpet." He patted the ground.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna keep looking at the carpet," Ahsoka said casually once she had recovered her voice.

y/n stood and brushed himself off.

"You going to bed? Cos if not, there's a lot that we have to talk about and on which to catch up."

"Well I was, but I don't think I'm going to now," she said. Seeing her old friend suddenly brought back her energy and excitement coursed through her body.

"Oooooo-kay then," y/n said suspiciously though he didn't probe her. He paused briefly and then spoke again. "Let us, reunited, walk the floors of this Temple together and discuss everything that happened as a Padawan," he declared dramatically. "You go," he gestured for Ahsoka to lead the way. "...after me!" he slipped in front of her at the last second and rushed ahead to the stairs.

"Well. You haven't changed," she smiled when he was out of earshot.

And then she realised that the door y/n had been leaning on fell open. Which meant that he knew the code. Which meant that door belonged to him. Which meant that that was his room. Y/n's dormitory was right next to hers.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you the entire day," Ahsoka asked once she had caught up to her friend. y/n was fast.

"Looking for me? Looks like I have a fan!" y/n laughed. "Why? I was at a diner in the city."

"Oh." That explained why she couldn't find him. "Wait what? No, I am obviously not your fan! In your dreams, n/n."

He grinned lopsidedly.

He was taller and leaner now. Before he was just a little shorter than Ahsoka; now he loomed a whole head above her. A thin Padawan braid hung from his hair, too. y/n's face was still as she remembered, though his features had matured: h/c hair, a slash in his eyebrow, mischievous e/c eyes, white snaking scar.

And oh Force he was handsome.

He wore dark grey standard Jedi tabards, though with a high mandarin collar. The tunic was a light grey, a darker grey obi and thick black utility belt wrapped around his waist. y/n sported black trousers and boots, with metal vambraces on his forearms and black combat gloves. Ahsoka wasn't surprised that he didn't stick with the average earth coloured robes.

"Can I ask," Ahsoka began, "why your dorm is next to mine? I mean, I definitely know that no one lived there before, so did you just move over here?"

Y/n nodded. "I kinda exploded my old room. I was uh...experimenting with some droids. Got moved here. It's closer to the Halls of Healing, too," he chuckled.

"Oh ok. So, uh, tell me everything," Ahsoka said. "Favourite battles? Coolest planets? Stupidest thing a droid ever did? Ooh, what's Master Secura like? Hey, have you ever fought Grievous or Ventress or Dooku?"

y/n smirked at her. "You seem very eager about the war."

She glanced at him, surprised. "Aren't you?"

His expression darkened. "No. Not at all." He scowled. There was a pause. "The war's ruined so kriffing much. Lives. Peace. Government. Entire planets being sucked into the vacuum of conflict, tossed around, being used. And death. So much injury and hurt and kriffing death. It's pointless."

Ahsoka didn't expect any of that. Wasn't y/n the hot-headed, combat-loving youngling? Who was walking beside her, speaking bitterly about the consequences of war? Why wasn't she the one worrying about conflict?

"You see this?" he pulled off his left glove. Before Ahsoka thought that it completely covered his fingers, but looking closely, she realised that part of his hand was black.

Tattoos.

y/n rolled up his sleeve. His whole arm was covered with script. Names.

"Clones. 327th Star Corps. Dead."

The two had stopped walking and stood silently in the middle of the carpeted hallway, Ahsoka gazing at his arm in shock.

Pollock. Nyte. Star. Flipper. Spark. Blitz. Rocket. Chain. Heath. Clearway. Tarmac. Buster. Paint. Blackout. Forge. Gravity. Crest. Zinger. Taz. Ratchet. Gale. Blyke. Chopper. Whirlpool. Cobalt. Spark. Hardwicke. Beast. Dash. Edge. Axel. Zeke. Roco. Dekkit. Ajax.

Hundreds, maybe thousands of fallen clones that he had recorded.

For the first time, Ahsoka had an epiphany about the war.

Okay I know, the tattoos might be gross but as I said y/n is practically my OC character. Once again super sorry for the terrible delay! I love ya guys!!!!!! AHSOKA 4EVA