Chapter 54

y/n continued fighting, blocking a strike on Ahsoka's flank, before leaping into the air and kicking an electrostaff out of the hand of one droid, whilst slicing the head off another. He landed, dodged the backswing of Ahsoka's lightsaber, then sent a wave of ferocious slashes to the nearest advancing MagnaGuard.

Moving like a phantom, he was a tornado of destruction, swathed in the afterimages of his blades. His attacks were relentless, vicious, chaotic and unpredictable.

There was the smallest hint of a pause as he inhaled. y/n risked a look at the reviving droid, just in time to see its newly mended body rise from the ground. More shouts from the clones, now all behind cover.

"Uh, y/n?" Ahsoka said. "We have a problem."

The few Crusaders that they had just disposed of where piecing themselves together.

"We need to leave. Now," she said.

Reluctantly, he agreed. They spotted a clearing and together, used the Force to push back the ones swarming on them.

But almost half the droids had already spread out, now prowling through the hangar, targeting the clones. Their purple eyes rarely stopped firing. Aayla was still in the centre, providing cover for the soldiers who were shooting back.

"It's no use, Bly. The blaster bolts aren't doing any damage," she called out, loud enough to alert everyone else.

y/n and Ahsoka backed away slowly from the main group of MagnaGuards. They watched grimly as the defeated droids rose once again, looking completely repaired despite the lightsabers that had torn through their bodies just a few seconds previously.

He spun his lightsaber, itching to move and attack, restless as his mind raced.

"Holy kriff," he breathed.

Ahsoka brushed his shoulder, her breathing slightly hitched. He was breathing heavily too, but still turned to her and gave a cocky grin.

"Tired, Stripey?"

"I could do this all day."

"And I could do this all night," he said casually, then smirked without looking at her. But he could practically feel the heat rising to her cheeks. The next second they jumped into action again.

The droids had reassembled after the Force push and were advancing quickly. The flood of blaster bolts came continuously. y/n cursed, unable to go on the offensive. There was no such thing as channelling emotion into dodging blaster bolts. Nevertheless, he flipped through the air, performed butterfly twists and corkscrews, moving precisely and swiftly to evade the shots. His lightsaber blocked the others.

"y/n, you're not helping!" Aayla chastised. She still had to return the blaster bolts that he had dodged, and it was harder with two moving figures in front.

Steadily, the MagnaGuards pushed forwards, purple eyes flashing. The Jedi retreated unwillingly. The troopers returned fire in bursts from behind columns, despite knowing that there would be no significant damage. Then a few Crusaders found their positions and they, too, had to retreat.

"Get the charges!" Ahsoka ordered.

"Yessir!" a few voices closest to her replied.

She met y/n's eyes for a fraction of a second and he gave a nod. Two clones tossed their five detonators towards Ahsoka, who caught and armed them. At the same time, y/n used the Force to keep them in stasis.

"Ready?" he turned towards her.

"Send them to hell."

She threw the charges into the main group of MagnaGuards, and then y/n launched the droids along with the explosives backwards. The Force push was so strong that the Crusaders were pushed all the way into the back of the hangar, tripping against the remnants of the felled wall.