Chapter 48

again my apologies for the like, two month delay but voila, la chappie! lmk ur thoughts and stuff in the comments :))))

a/n: chappie edited 17/04/2023 for extra detail and cool stuff. yeah that's sorta it lol. enjoy

CRASH!

y/n braced for impact, bending forward and wrapping an arm around his head. The other unconsciously reached over and wrapped firmly around Ahsoka's body.

There was an almighty thud and they felt their bodies strain to lurch forward, but held back by the tightened straps of the seat belts. Vibrations rocked the Reconnaissance-170 starfighter as its nose smashed into the ground. The sound of screaming metal being disfigured continued for at least twenty seconds as the ship's momentum carried it sliding forwards for another few hundred metres.

At last, the noise and the movement stopped. y/n opened his eyes, which he hadn't noticed he'd shut, and was met with Ahsoka's own stormy blue ones. They noticed their proximity to each other and his arm around her. He gave her a small grin and she smiled back.

A few minutes later they were outside the cockpit, surveying the damage of the starfighter and gazing around the barren landscape.

"Any idea where those pesky Seppies are?" y/n asked, crossing his arms. He had one foot planted on the nose of the fighter as he looked around the empty space.

"Probably burnt up when they entered the atmosphere," Ahsoka replied. "They were going way too fast; that's how they overshot us and hit the thrusters."

y/n shrugged. "Makes little difference. We're here where we need to be. Shall we?" He theatrically extended an arm towards her. Ahsoka rolled her eyes and slapped his arm away. "Which way, Captain l/n?"

Oon was a bleak desert planet with almost nothing but flat orange sand stretching out in every direction. Somewhere, though, there was a fortress that housed a special artefact.

y/n and Ahsoka had been tasked to retrieve the lost Jedi Holocron. It had been finally found, somehow, through his dealings in the slave trade by a Zygerrian based on Oon.

The Jedi Council had another reason for sending them as well. After Onderon and Shu-Torun, a rift had formed between the two Padawans. The mission was an attempt to bring them together, but the Council didn't realise that the two had already mended their differences.

Ahsoka and y/n marked the coordinates of their fighter with a locator, then started the trek through the arid, sandy landscape, continuing towards a horizon being distorted by heat shimmer.

It was around an hour's walk of small talk, awkward jokes and nervous laughter before they saw a dark smudge in the distance. The two still hadn't fully resumed their previous easy-going friendship. Continuing towards it, perspiring in their brown cloaks with the hood up, they two made their way towards the only sign of civilisation.

A while later, the dark sandstone fortress was before them. The shadowy entrance loomed like the mouth of a beast and was guarded by four Gamorreans wielding deadly axes. The guards let the Jedi in after the former were shown the lightsabers.

Entering the fortress was like a blessing; the darkness and cool sandstone made the space a more tolerable temperature. A Twi'lek slave approached them once they were inside, and led y/n and Ahsoka into the heart of the structure.

The passages wound around like a maze, dim and pleasantly cool. The slave guided them up a set of stairs and suddenly they were bathed in light again.