Chapter 34

Finally, all that starfighter stuff is done. Ughhh the research was so painful and honestly it's harder to write than you may think. Anyways, here's the finished product, enjoy!

"'Soka, I need a bit of help here!" y/n called through the comms as the two remaining fighters began to close in on him.

"You know, I almost sympathise with them for going after you. Sometimes you're so annoying it would be awesome if you got blown up," she muttered, shaking her head whilst rolling towards his fighter.

She was referencing what had happened earlier, when he was able to make her taste her own medicine by manipulating an insult. Ahsoka had called him loud for cursing so much. y/n had replied with, "What does that make you, Stripey?"

Thoroughly irritated, she had begun to peel away from being his wingmate, abandoning the post that she was supposed to take. Each fighter was paired with another, that way both would be able to alternate the positions of leader and wingman as the situation dictated. One would attack, whilst the other served as backup.

However, once the battle progressed several Republican fighters had been shot down and the pairs would have to sort themselves back together. Instead of sticking with y/n, she chose instead to support Kickback, a clone from the 501st that had been under her leadership since the blockade on Ryloth near the beginning of the Wars.

"Ahsoka I've got three on my tail now!" he called in an alarmed tone.

"Be patient, n/n," she replied leisurely, threading through the battlefield and feigning attacks at several droids so the clone pilots on the defensive could disengage.

"Outlaw, what's your status?"

"Sorry sir, I can't help you right now. I've got my sights on a nasty bugger of a tri-fighter...hold on, where'd it go?"

"Reverse throttle hop!" y/n said, eyes flickering back and forth between Ahsoka's fighter, the droids chasing him, and Outlaw's situation. "Quick, break starboard now or it'll snuff you!"

"I can't see it!"

"Outlaw, break now!" Ahsoka cut in, veering towards the soldier. "Break starboard now!"

Too late, the clone didn't react fast enough and a volley of laser bolts hit the fighter. Instantaneously a huge explosion erupted, and the droid successfully disengaged from the commitment, turning its sights on the Togruta's fighter instead.

"Look what you've done now," y/n scowled at the wreckage of the clone's ship.

"What? Me?!" Ahsoka retorted. "You're the one who's got three vultures on your tail!"

"Exactly!" There was a period of silence as he spun through the battlefield, jinking and rolling in every direction in an attempt to shake off the attackers. "You know," he began, "Perhaps they're chasing me not because they want to kill me. Maybe it's cos I have a personality that is simply irresistible and I have one of the most good looking faces in the galaxy."

"Not the time for this, Cap," Runner grunted to his leader.

"How in the Force are you a Jedi?" Ahsoka shook her head, almost angrily. She grudgingly agreed, however, that he was handsome, then immediately mentally slapped herself for thinking that and losing focus.

"Get the nearest clankers off your tails, now!" y/n ordered, taking the clone's comment and the Togruta's irritation as a time to refocus. He sensed a laser bolt about to hit him and spun the fighter, rolling up and portside, but came right into the path of another projectile. "Kriff, I'm hit! We're outnumbered here and lost too many men. Make a retreat as soon as possible. Abandon mission and regroup back at the Venators."