Chapter 67

skipping chapter 66 bc it feels like a violation. anyways. onwards!

"y/n, the Temple was bombed. They think it's me."

"It's going to be alright, okay?" y/n assured her gently. "Calm down. Think. Are you in immediate danger, or can you tell me what happened?"

"I-no, I think I can talk." Ahsoka quickly recounted the events of the previous 24 hours, her voice growing steadier as she continued to speak.

"I believe you," he said immediately after she had finished.

"I know you do," she responded with an odd mix of relief and lingering despair. "I just...don't know how to prove it to the Order. All the evidence is against me."

"We'll figure it out, I promise," y/n asserted. "I'll be here whenever you need me. Just use our holodisk, okay? Like you said, the Jedi commlink might be traceable."

She was quiet and the sounds of the Coruscant Underworld briefly filled their transmission.

He continued, "I'll be there in a standard hour. Stay put, don't engage, and don't let them find you, I'll meet you at the fried nuna leg place and pick you up-"

"No," Ahsoka interrupted. "I...I can't. I have to figure out who did this. I can't wait around and do nothing."

y/n's gaze softened slightly, a part of him understanding how she was feeling.

"Alright. But stay safe," he said. "I'll do some investigations on my own end when I get back to Coruscant. I have an idea on where to start, I'll make sure to let you know if I find anything. Is there anyone you can contact who'll help you?"

There was some more silence as Ahsoka thought, then she replied, "Yes. I have a friend, Barriss. I think she'll help."

"Good," he breathed. It made him feel better that there were others she could rely on whilst he was still helpless to support her in hyperspace. "Be careful, 'Soka."

"y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I...I really missed you and need you when you were gone."

His heart sunk a little at her words. "I'm sorry. But I promise, I'll be there soon, and I won't run away again. We'll get you out of this, alright? Trust me."

"I do trust you. It's okay. I know you needed your time." Ahsoka gave a slightly shaky sigh but otherwise seemed to have regained her composure after finding comfort in him. "I've got to go now. I'll use the holodisk if I need you."

"I lo- okay. May the Force be with you."

The starfighter landed at the Republic Centre for Military Operations. y/n leapt out of the cockpit and walked briskly inside.

Ahsoka had told him how Letta had died, and her subsequent detainment at the facility. He thought that the first things he could investigate were the prison cells and holocam feeds.

y/n made it as far as the security centre before being halted. A clone commander with the crimson markings of the Coruscant Guard spoke to him from behind the window of the control room.

"Authorisation?"

"I'm Captain l/n of the 327th Star Corps," y/n replied curtly. "I'm here to do some investigating."