Chapter 63

full sith mode mwhaha

He put two hands on the lids and braced himself, then pushed. There was the deep grinding sound of stone on stone as y/n removed the heavy lid of the coffin, intent on finally uncovering the source of the Dark energy.

Inside, there was no skeleton or shrivelled corpse. A small ceremonial urn in the centre of the sarcophagus was the only thing there.

At that moment, all the Jedi could sense that the artifact that they were after lay in the urn.

Picking it up, y/n's eyes narrowed as he observed the pottery. It was almost weightless in his hands, and its surface was rough and grainy. The urn had no decoration at all.

They had found the artifact but hadn't yet confirmed its existence. Despite knowing that the Force worked in mysterious ways, the container was so light that he was almost doubting that there could be anything inside.

He felt unreasonably brash and decided to open it.

As soon as the lid left the body, a deep voice sounded, seemingly resonating from the walls themselves. The voice was rough like the surface of the urn.

"Inhale. Breathe it in."

Anakin, Aayla and Ahsoka suddenly snapped out of their fatigue and the room was at normal temperature again. Alarmed they turned towards y/n.

Inhale? Breathe what in?

"Don't-!"

"y/n..."

"Snap out of it!"

Aayla moved, racing across the short distance towards her Padawan in an effort to physically stop him, but it was too late.

He was impervious to their warnings, looking at the open urn with tunnel vision and with the strange words of the Sith spirits still echoing in his ears.

y/n inhaled, and grey dusty flakes rose up to his nose like a dark cloud.

He doubled over in a coughing fit as Aayla reached him, the urn dropping back into the open sarcophagus. Choking on the Sith ashes, he collapsed against the side of the coffin, spluttering loudly.

Anakin and Ahsoka rushed over, laying him on the ground and then tilting his head to the side to clear his airway. y/n still seemed to ignore their words and their existence, spasming on the ground, his eyes looking forwards into space.

All of a sudden, he was still. A few seconds passed as the Jedi tried to comprehend what had happened, but then he rose.

His movements were fluid and calculated as he stood. When he turned to face them, his eyes were bloodshot and dark.

"Are you alright there, Hotshot?" Anakin asked carefully, slowly standing as well, followed by the others.

y/n's eyes followed their every movement but remained unmoving. There seemed to be shadows under his eyes, which burned with invisible heat.

In the blink of an eye, his previously cold expression morphed into one of aggression, anger and intense violence. He suddenly pounced towards Aayla, who was to his left, baring his teeth and igniting his lightsaber mid-air.

The red blade left a curving shadow at neck level where Aayla had ducked. She stumbled backwards quickly, shocked at the sudden change and his inclination to violence.

"y/n, stand down," she ordered in a voice that did not betray any emotion, but she knew that the remark would be fruitless.

He kept rushing at her, moving with such speed that blinking would mean losing track of his position. Relentlessly bearing down on his Master, y/n's scowl remained etched onto his face. Aayla's back hit the wall and in the same moment, he leapt up into a flip. His lightsaber drew a deep, angry gash in the sandstone that was behind her head after she ducked.