Chapter 51

holy force...189k reads...you guys are freaking legends thank you so much for the support...can we get to 200k?!?!?

ive got a long chappie today. it's like the length of two regular chappies. i might edit it in the future because some parts feel scrappy but oh well, gotta get a part out for y'all first.

also my apologies but this part doesn't have too much ahsoka. its more developing some other relationships, particularly among the clones. let me know how u find it :)

enjoy.

"We told the Council this already, Master," Ahsoka sighed in exasperation. "We can work together just fine."

"There wasn't any 'broken friendship' or whatever that needed to be repaired," y/n said. He resisted the urge to look at Ahsoka and exchange a grin; in fact, the mission had done more than just fix their dynamic. "It was just one of those small arguments...which I'm sure you have your fair share of, when you work with Master Obi-Wan," he added with a sly grin.

"I heard that," the general of the 212nd chastised lightly with a roll of his eyes as he passed by the trio.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Hotshot," Anakin crossed his arms, but his small smile conveyed the fact that y/n was right about disagreements with Obi-Wan. "But yeah, I know you'll be fine, I've seen you two in action, and you work well. Just wanted to make sure you could handle the task together."

"Don't doubt us, Master," Ahsoka smirked. "Now if you give the signal, we'll be off."

She turned around, dismissing herself before Anakin gave her permission, but y/n caught her arm. "Does it involve me getting impaled again? Otherwise, I'm not going," he remarked, deadpan.

"Hotshot, with your skill and talent, you can best another five rancors without breaking a sweat." Anakin told him. In response, y/n gave a dramatic salute and a smile, which the older Jedi returned. "Snips, now you are dismissed. We'll commence the ground assault."

Anakin's face tensed with visible apprehension; all traces of his previous light-hearted manner gone. He was concerned about the possible outcome of the mission failing.

The 501st Legion, 327th Star Corps, and 212nd Attack Battalion and 104th Battalion were all gathered on Naboo. The Separatists had taken an unexpected power move and invaded the planet. Unfortunately, their target was Chancellor Palpatine, who had been visiting his homeworld for senatorial business.

Master Plo Koon and the 104th had been protecting him when the assault occurred, however the Separatists had overwhelming numbers and backup was urgently called for.

Luckily for Anakin, Padme was off-world and she would be safe.

"There's quite a large extraction force for the Chancellor. Don't you think it's a bit overkill, with four Jedi and battalions?" Ahsoka asked as she and y/n broke off from Anakin and approached their soldiers.

He shook his head and gave a wry smile. "Stripey, without the Chancellor, we have no hope of winning the war. We'd have lost the head of government for the Republic...and a great man."

She let his statement sit with her for a while but put it out of her mind. Palpatine was a key figure in the war, but surely he wasn't the most important person.

"Alright men," y/n's voice sounded, bringing her attention back to the matter at hand. Obi-Wan, Anakin and Aayla's legions were lined up neatly in rows, but the latter two had divided up their men, giving half each to the Padawans. The young Jedi had been assigned to head a group of clones tougher. There were now four teams named by colour, each with their respective leader or leaders.