Chapter 40

This is the last chappie of the Onderon arc! I'm sorry if y/n and Ahsoka don't get much interaction, they will in the next parts. I wanted to stick to my idea of keeping the original canon timeline without changing the story (so therefore y/n doesn't appear in any scenes that you will see in the TV show Onderon arc unless it's unseen or as the rebel shown in previous chapters) Anyways, I also wanted to create tension and pressure between the two so yeahhhh...basically enjoy! Vote if you likey :D

The shape of a Ruping in the distance grew larger, its distinct orange wings flapping against a light blue sky and barren, dusty highland terrain. The creature flew gracefully across rocky plateaus of various shape, size and height, sprinkled here and there with clusters of purple forestry. Eventually it reached the makeshift rebel camp, a stronghold erected atop a tall mesa, made of resources scavenged from the nearby landscape.

The Ruping descended, landing on the wooden stick railing of one of the platforms. Lux and Ahsoka dismounted, the former rushing to deliver his excited report to Saw, who had watched them arrive.

The Togruta, meanwhile, took off her cloak, an odd, grimaced look on her face. Inside she was battling emotions, having finally come to an epiphanous decision, one that was hard to accept but essential to stick to.

"The people are turning against the droids," the senator grinned. "There's rioting in the streets now."

"That's a beautiful thing," Saw replied, clapping a hand on his shoulder.

From the other end of the platform, Steela was stroking the head of another Ruping, and looked up at their exchange. "We need to keep the battle to the outskirts of the city," she said, walking towards the two.

"Less structures, and people," Lux agreed, putting his hands on his hips.

"But less clankers. Their main force is in Iziz," Saw debated. "We should join the fight down there and take it straight to King Rash."

"We all want victory, but not at the cost of innocent lives," his sister fought back. "If we fight door to door, no one is safe."

"This is war, Steela," he shot back, gesticulating with his hands.

"She's right." Dendup had ascended the platform with Tandin and interjected the siblings' argument.

"I agree," Ahsoka chimed in. "The more you draw the droids from the city to the highlands, the safer the people will be."

"My men await your command, my Lord," the General bowed to Dendup.

"I believe there's a new contender," the older man said with a smile, and turned to Steela. "You will lead our forces, including the Royal Army. Steela is now the commanding general!" Her face practically glowed from the honour, surprise and excitement, whilst Lux grinned like an idiot at her achievement.

"A great choice," Ahsoka nodded quickly, the same pained expression returning to her face, though no one noticed.

"As you wish, my Lord," Tandin nodded and bowed once more.

"You and your rebels renewed my faith in myself," the old king told Steela, approaching her and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Now, I'm putting my faith in you."

"Thank you, your Majesty," she beamed, though an air of maturity, respect and seriousness surrounded her. "Let's ride."

Lux made an effort to speak to and congratulate her, but she had already turned away. Embarrassed and shy, he chose not to call her back and instead whistled for his Ruping. The creature flew down to him and the Togruta, landing on the railing once more as it waited for them to mount.