Chapter 60

okay warning in advance my writing is kinda awkward at parts in this chappie...apologies LMAO

The journey after Kasegna, and the gruelling, four-hour training session with Aayla that followed, had left y/n exhausted. But now, he couldn't sleep. His heart was pounding and filled with a strange, apprehensive excitement.

Flipping up the bottom of the pleated blinds, he looked out and judged the darkness of the night. The light pollution of Coruscant didn't offer a definite answer of what time of night it was, and the bustle of the city had not slowed down.

y/n let his hand and the blinds drop and lay back in his cot. Straining his ears, he tried to detect any hint of movement outside, but like the past half hour, no sounds came.

Finally, he allowed himself a grin and rolled out of his sheets, approaching the wall that separated his dormitory from Ahsoka's.

"Psst. Stripey, are you still up?"

He heard her whisper back to him, and then there was a soft click from the door a few moments later as she left her own room. He waited for his own to slide open, and when it did, the Togruta silently stepped inside.

"It's really late," she said once his door had shut, stifling a yawn.

"Yeah, I don't particularly feel like staying up and doing anything," he agreed, suddenly overcome with an urge to yawn as well.

She glanced around his mostly empty room, and then her eyes settled on the cot.

"I'm tired," Ahsoka murmured. "I mean, I wish I wasn't, I'd love to stay awake for a while and chat, but-"

"It's totally fine. Sorry, I, uh, hope it's not going to be too cramped," y/n replied, glancing at the small mattress on the floor in the corner. He almost wanted to laugh at their ill-planned and awkward interaction.

Ahsoka moved first, taking him by surprise. She unclipped her belt and bent down to remove her boots and suddenly y/n realised she was undressing. His mind flashed back to their time in the forest on Naboo, and her discomfort with the idea of removing her clothing to let it dry.

A small smile pulled at his lips; he was glad that she now felt safer and at ease. He turned to face the wall to give her a bit more privacy and began to remove his own clothes.

He climbed into the cot first, wearing a pair of synthbriefs, then stared up at the ceiling instead of at Ahsoka.

She rolled her eyes at him as she slid into the sheets and her warm body pressed against his, immediately sending electric shocks up his spine. He could still feel fabric between them, but he hadn't ever seen or felt her as exposed.

They faced each other and y/n could feel so much lean muscle and warm skin. Looking into her stormy blue eyes he couldn't help but smile.

"'Soka?"

"n/n?"

"You're kriffing beautiful."

She smiled back and it almost made y/n's heart burst. One hand found his chest, the other reaching across to play with his hair, then trailing down to cup his cheek.

"You're the most handsome person ever."

He grinned because it sounded cheesy, but lying there with Ahsoka, looking at her perfect face and hearing her familiar, warm voice, he gave her a kiss. She melted against him, their noses brushing.

He wrapped an arm around her waist and held her, this time not feeling the texture of her backless dress. She gave an inhale as she felt his fingers gently explore every inch of her uncovered skin. His touch made Ahsoka wish she had let him this close earlier.