Chapter 19

Before we start, I would like you all to reply to this comment: are you happy with the story so far? If not, what don't you like? For example, there's too much description; the story is moving too slow; too much/too little dialogue, or even small things like 'I don't like his lightsaber colour or I don't like the scar on y/n's face, etc. This would really help me! Thank you!

edit: before his brothers were similar ages to y/n...but now i realised that doesn't work out in canon...so they're way older. but yea lol

y/n was back on Dathomir. But this time he was in a memory, unlike the predictions – visions, warnings – he had been having.

He was in clearing in the village, looking down from above. A h/c-haired young boy, aged around four, caught his eye, though he had no scar on his face.

Young y/n carried a wooden sword, looking ridiculous at such a young age with that type of weapon, he was surprised he could even bear the weight of the blade at that time.

The boy faced a much older Zabrak in early adulthood, who had yellow and black tattoos. They bowed slightly at each other. Another figure, this one tall, wearing odd, sweeping red robes, turned her black and white head and nodded at the opponents.

"y/n, Savage, fight!" Mother Talzin's accented voice rang out.

From above, y/n watched his younger self parry with his adoptive brother, the latter who was obviously going easy. y/n was skilled for a child that age, and some of the other Zabraks in the village stopped their hand-to-hand combat or melee fighting to watch the two. Savage slowly but pointedly sent powerful strikes towards the boy, training him on how to fight against a stronger opponent.

But y/n was dodging all Savage's attacks with agility, twisting about and leaping all over the place. It was clear that in defence, he was not confident. After a few minutes of their duelling, Savage had begun to increase his offensive strikes in number and power. The boy retreated, the wooden sword flashing as he blocked.

At last, Savage penetrated y/n's defence and scored a hit to the latter's exposed side.

"Not bad," the Zabrak nodded, wiping the sweat off his face and dropping the wooden sword on the dusty red earth.

y/n turned to his brother and nodded respectfully, his face stony through the loss. Today was supposed to be the day. He had learnt so much from his older brothers and was determined to at least do some damage to his opponent, but nothing had happened. He had only dodged the attacks like a coward and been defeated in the end anyways.

"If only I had more blades," he grumbled quietly to himself and dusted off his white shirt and baggy trousers.

Talzin suddenly whipped her head towards him. "What did you say?"

y/n froze, looking meek in front of the powerful witch. "I...uh...I said if only I had more blades..." he trailed off.

"Get him a staff, and call Feral over," she commanded, gazing thoughtfully at the Human boy. She had had an interest in him, ever since he discovered him and found him Force-sensitive.

Soon, y/n had been given a flexible bo staff instead, and Feral, his other Zabrak brother, replaced Savage.

The boy wiped his forehead with his sleeve. He was tired and sweaty, enduring much more than an average four-year-old Human. But despite this y/n readied himself, feeling the staff's wood beneath his small fingers.

"Feral, y/n, fight!" Talzin shouted again.

Feral charged first, his orange and black tattooed face full of concentration. But so was y/n's. The latter blocked easily and sent a flurry of hits at his brother, using both sides of the staff. Feral was surprised and slightly stunned at the boy's new fighting style, hastily blocking.