Chapter 63, "Welcome Home"

Zayn's POV

We've been at the hospital for hours waiting and waiting. No one has told us anything and we're forced to just sit here and fucking wait. I can't lose her man, I just can't. I've never been so scared in my life.

Jayda was really being a big support right now and if it wasn't for her, I'd have lost it. I don't want to pull her away from what's going on with herself but I just need to know Kara's okay then I can relax. I shut my eyes and leaned on Jayda's shoulder, I just need to not think...

Hours later....

I woke up the same as Jayda did to find the rest of the gang here. I didn't even know I fell asleep, hell neither did Jayda. Harry said no one still hasn't said anything which made me even more scared. We waited for another hour until I got impatient and start panicking. Jayda went to check the front desk and when she came back I could tell it wasn't any good news. Luckily, Dr. Grey came out right on cue.

"Well? What happened? Are they okay?" Jayda asked.

"Kara has experienced an excessive amount of stress and that is what caused the bleeding to happen. I don't know what's been going on- and I won't ask, but you are lucky. She could've lost that baby today and herself along with him," Dr. Grey stated.

My heart dropped to the ground for the hundredth time since we've been at this hospital. I'm the cause of her stress and both her and my son could've died because of it.

"I had to deliver the baby and it caused some distress for both the baby and Kara, but we quickly got ahold of things. I'm happy to say a beautiful baby boy has been delivered. Kara is still unconscious as of right now, however she should wake up within the next hour or so. Her body has gone through some major changes and pain, so she'll need to be easy for the next couple of weeks to a month. No pushing it. Your beautiful baby boy is in the NICI. He'll be there for about three weeks. He's not fully developed and still needs time to adjust coming into the world so early," she continued.

My heart fluttered hearing both my son and Kara were okay. Dr. Grey offered me to see him and I was too excited. I pulled Jayda into a hug and asked her to come with me.

Dr. Grey walked us back and we both sat on each side of the NICI table and rubbed at his tiny little fingers. He was so soft, kinda like Kara but softer. He's beautiful and he reminds me every bit of her, even myself. I never knew a creation could be so perfect.

"Have you guys thought of any baby names?" Jayda asked.

"We never much discussed it actually. I don't want to decide without her. He looks so much like her," I smiled, a tear rolling down my eye.

"That he does. She'll be okay Zayn. She'll pull through. She always does. And she'll want you by her side when she does it," Jayda assured.

"I'll be there. I promise."

"I believe you," she smiled.

I gave her a smile back before we turned our focus back on the beautiful soul in front of us. I know I said Kara was the love of my life but there's room for one more.

Jayda started talking to him making me smile at her mommy words. She was so good with kids it doesn't even make sense. Well it does, she has 2 going on 3 so yeah, she's definitely got that department covered. I just can't wait to see Kara's face when she sees him. She might pass out.

"Welcome home little guy," I smiled.

"He can hear us," Jayda nodded, giving me knowledge I didn't know.

"I'm your dad, Zain Javadd Malik and I really love your mom, and you and I promise I'll do anything for the both of you. I've always been a tough guy but looking at you, I don't want to be tough anymore. I just want to be your dad," I said, holding in my tears.