Chapter 13, "Congratulations"

Zayn's POV

I woke up faintly at the sound of the birds chirping outside our window. I let out my morning stretch before looking over at Kara still peacefully sleeping. I placed a nice kiss on her forehead. That was some good sleep.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and was shocked by the numerous notifications. I'm used to it but this is just crazy.

I skimmed through them and realized it was mostly the same things.

Links.

I happened to click on one and it took me to some type of blogger website with different headlines.

Kara Stevens and Machine Gun Kelly get cozy on set yesterday.

Click to see Machine Gun Kelly and Kara Stevens matching jackets! So cute....

When World's Collide: Kara Stevens and Machine Gun Kelly. #Where's Zayn?!!

What the fuck do they mean? I'm right here. I went against my better judgement and clicked on the links.

All photos of Kara hugging up on this guy, with smiles. Should I be worried? Hell yeah I should, look at her ass.

She started squirming beginning to wake.

"Rise and shine," I said softly.

"Mhm, no," she mumbled.

"Get up," I demanded causing her to quickly turn around and look at me.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" She questioned.

"No, but I think you woke up in the wrong bed."

"Zayn what the hell are you going on about?"

I handed her the phone so she could read the same article I had just read.

"This is not what it seems," she sighed.

"Is it not huh?"

"You know the media twists shit up. Colson and I always hug."

"Always hug?" I retorted.

"Not like that."

"Look at how you're all on each other. This is what you do when you work with other males?"

"Okay don't do that. I'm not going to have this conversation because you knew Colson and I were dming and this project was happening," she stated.

"That's before I knew how the fuck you guys were. You didn't even care that you were outside with this shit right?"

"No zayn, I didn't give a flying fuck. Now leave me alone."

"Alright I'm going to go do the same," I shrugged.

"I will fucking kill you."

"Well I already want to fucking kill you."

"Zayn you're being a child about this. I don't want Colson."

"It's fucking Machine Gun Kelly. That first name basis is a prime example of this...."

"I'm not calling him that," she cooed. "I don't know how many times I have to explain that I'm with you."

"No more," I said harshly walking into the bathroom.

I honestly didn't want to be cruel about the situation but that definitely wasn't a friendly hug. Then the fact that it's public just creates chaos throughout.

Maybe the media did turn nothing into something but I still had no knowledge of their friendliness.

I sighed in frustration before opening the drawer to grab the toothpaste. I must've been distracted or in the wrong headspace because I opened the wrong damn drawer revealing something I did not want to see.