Chapter 53, "Yes!"

Zayn's POV

"Kara marry me," I smiled.

"CHIRST!" Harry yelled!

Kara eyes gleamed into mine while she still held the same shocked expression from when I first kneeled. I was supposed to propose later but now is the perfect time. I love her, she loves me, and we're here with family.

"Kara answer the man," Jayda beamed.

"I-I, it's- I'm sorry," she said, running out the living room.

"Kara," Jayda called out but I had already stormed off behind her.

"Baby wait," I said, finally catching up and tugging on her arm. She turned around her eyes were filled with sadness and tears. She could barely even look at me.

"Zayn I'm sorry. I really am," she cried.

"Sorry for what? Don't you love me?"

"Of course I love you Zayn, I just don't think I'm ready."

"Ready to be committed? I thought we were way past that point. What's wrong?" I asked still confused as to why I'm getting turned down.

"No. I'm committed to you but marriage? We always fight, we always argue.... husband and wife?..."

"We also love each other till the death. We've made two children. Not to mention the fact that I've loved you since you were 16..." I stated, "I know you waited a while for me but, marrying you isn't something I feel obligated to do because of our history. I want to marry you because you are my life. You hold everything that I can't. You stayed, and you continue to stay. I'm sorry we aren't perfect but I'll try more and I'll..."

"I don't want you to change Zayn," she said, firmly holding my arm.

"Then what do you want me to do?"

"The answer is yes," she smiled.

"Yes you want me to change or yes you'll marry me?"

"Just get down on one knee and do it again," she laughed.

Oh....

I stepped down on one knee and held the ring out again. She wiped away her tears and gazed into my eyes perfectly.

"Kara Roseanne Stevens, will you marry me?" I smiled.

"No doubt," she cried, holding out her hand dramatically. I slipped the ring on her finger watching her examine it.

"How much? Because this looks like all the gifts everyone bought combined into one price."

"Don't worry about it, just kiss me," I smiled, pulling her into my grasp. She placed her arms around my neck and stood on her tippy toes before placing her lips onto mine. Her soft and caressing kisses wanted more and I had one more thing to say before this took a left.

"I love you," I said softly, pulling back.

"I love you too," she smiled, "Well beyond that."

A month later....

Kara's POV

It's not January and I still can't believe I said yes to Zayn. I'm still a little nervous but so far he's been the best fiancé. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited it's just that I want this to be real. I want no regrets and I just want some type of guarantee that this will work out in the end.