Ethan Nestor x F!Reader ~ I'm Here For You

(Y/N) POV

I thought everything was okay. I thought she was fine. After getting a call from Patty about Sally being in the hospital for overdosing, I couldn't help but rethink my entire life. Am I lying to myself? Is everyone not okay? Is it me? I sat with my knees pulled against my chest on the couch. Spencer, my boyfriend's dog, laid next to me with his head resting on my foot in reassurance. Eyes stung, chest burned, head pounded. It had been over two hours now in the same position but, what could I do? A simple text was all I could send since I lived in America and they lived in Canada but, it didn't feel like enough.

"What do I do, Spence?" I sobbed, scratching his head. He whined a little, resting his cheek on my hand in concern... I think. "Sorry to worry you, buddy." Tears started to stain my cheeks again as more black thoughts clouded my mind. Picking up my phone through blurry vision, I tried to text someone for help before I did anything I would regret.

(Y/N): Are you coming back soon?

Before I could put my phone down, my boyfriend replied. I wiped away my tears to read it properly.

Ethan: Be home in 30. U ok?

I sent him a sad emoji before tossing my phone on the coffee table in front of me as I waited with Spencer. The half-hour went by and the front door opened and closed with a loud bang. Happily, Spencer rushed towards the person at the door.

"(Y/n)?! Where are you?" Ethan called as he walked through the house. I moved my head from my knees, looking behind me to see him hurry towards me with open arms. "Baby, it's okay. I'm here, I've got you." I sobbed into his chest, listening to his heartbeat as he traced circles in my back. As I cried, I tried to tell him about the string of texts and the fact I was still waiting for any update on if Sally lives or not. We sat on the couch for a few minutes before Ethan picked me up and headed to the bedroom, resting me on the covers before disappearing down the hall.

"Ethan?" I called, rubbing my eyes while Spencer jumped up beside me. Hearing shuffling and banging from the kitchen, I moved to get off the bed.

"Stay there, (y/n)!" Ethan shouted, making me giggle as his voice cracked. He returned to the bedroom with a cup of tea and a few chocolate bars. Handing me the cup, he placed the bars on the bedside table, sitting behind me to wrap his arms around my waist. "You did the best you could, babe. She's okay and will be okay, here." Ethan took out my phone, letting me read the group chat for myself to see he was right.

"Thank you, Ethan," I hummed, snuggling closer to him. He gave me a tight squeeze before kissing my temple; Spencer resting on our laps as we stayed there for the rest of the afternoon.