McCree x M!Reader ~ Lazy Bastard

(Y/N) POV

As I walked out from the infirmary with Winston and Angela, a large hand found its way to my shoulder. As I looked to my right, the cowboy beside me kissed my cheek.

"All better, darling?" he asked, his voice in a heavy southern accent with love lace in every word.

"Yeah, Angela did an amazing job."

"Thank you, (y/n)." She ruffled my hair before going back to the infirmary as Winston waved goodbye and left for his room, leaving Jesse and me alone. Spinning me around, Jesse planted a big kiss on my lips before picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing, McCree?!" I exclaimed, pounding my fists on his back as he walked through the Overwatch Base.

"We just got called for a mission ten minutes ago and have to leave in fifteen, I'm gonna help you get ready." I could basically hear him smirk as he spoke; once we entered our shared room, he threw me on the bed and went to the closet to get my suit.

"It's this one, right (y/n)?" McCree held out a black leather one-piece suit with green strips down the sides. I nodded, stole the suit, and pushed him out of the room to get dressed in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During our mission, I laid on the ground looking through the sniper rifle I had in my hand at my target. Right beside me was my boyfriend who sat against the building's wall with his hat over his eyes and smoking a cigar.

"You're so lazy, weren't you given a job to do?" I inquired, not looking away from my now moving target.

"I was, to protect you." A pair of arms snaked around my waist as I was about to take the shot. Pulling the trigger and watching my target fall dead, McCree pulled me away from the ledge just as bullets flew past our heads. Grabbing my hand, we raced down the building and made it to the team meeting point before we all headed back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days after the mission, Jesse seemed more protective of me than usual; at this very moment, I found Jesse laying on our bed as I was about to start on the work Solider 76 had given me. Sighing, I walked over to the desk and began my work as I heard a groan come from the bed;
Jesse had woken up from his long nap that, when I had left our room, he had still been doing as I left.

"What did the old man want?" mumbled Jesse, rubbing his eyes while walking towards. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his head on my shoulder as I hummed while looking over the papers in hand.

"He gave me both your work and mine, telling me to give it to you but since you are one lazy bastard, I decided to do it for you."

"I'm not lazy!" he exclaimed, standing back in mock hurt. I swivelled around in my chair and raised an eyebrow at him in suspicion.

"Okay, maybe a little but it's not fair that you have to do my work too. Why don't you do it later and sleep with me?" Jesse bent down and picked me up only to throw me onto the bed and snuggle with me before quickly fall asleep.

"Lazy bastard," I mumbled.