Gangsta x Child!Reader ~ Twilight

(Y/N) POV

I sat in an alleyway in the Ergastulum's 8th district in front of the Benriya's office, my teddy bear pressed tightly against my chest as I looked up at the window as the rain bulleted down. I pulled my knees up to my chest as shivers ran down my spine; my mother didn't want me, my father tried to kill me so I ran away from home and ended up in the 8th district. I was a Twilight; my skills weren't that great but I was only 5 so I couldn't be labelled as dangerous but called a freak and was unwanted. My family had been "pure" until my birth, they started to accuse each other of using Celebrer and began fighting after they had a couple of men arrive at our door to register me as a Tagged.

"What do you mean I was playing it up?" shouted a man in frustration, I jumped a bit at the loud voice and hid behind the wall where the stairs rested. I peeked around the corner carefully and saw a one-eyed man and a really pretty lady walk up to the Benriya building and enter through the door. Sighing, I went back to where I was originally and continued to look up at their window. Hours went by and the rain never stopped, I sat shivering while I watched the window; a serious, clean-shaven face appeared in the window causing my heart to skip a beat, I rushed up the stairs a bit so I was out of his line of sight.

"But I want to stop him from doing this to himself!" a girl whined, I slowly crept down the stairs and saw a girl walking with a man in glasses and a cigarette in his mouth. They argued back and forth as they went to the same building as the other two people; the man in the window had left as the door opened. The day became uneventful after that, my eyes became heavy as I snuggled up to the wall on the last step with my teddy bear in my arms. The sound of heavy footsteps jolted me awake, I went back to the back of the stairs as the footsteps walked to the alleyway.

"U-are-yu?" asked the man who was in the window before, his words broken and hardly understandable. My eyes widened as I saw the same tags around his neck that I had, he was like me. Slowly, he walked up the stairs, reaching towards me with a strange look in his eyes; my heart raced as thoughts of my father crossed my mind, I wanted to scream but my voice was gone. The one-eyed man walked up behind the scary man walking towards me and placed his hand on his shoulder; the scary man looked behind him and stared at the one-eyed guy's lips closely.

"Let me handle this," he said, receiving a nod as the scary man backed away and left the alleyway, leaving me alone with the much friendlier man. "Do you have a name?"

"(Y/n)," I quietly answered, feeling as though I could trust him. His face curved into a kind smile as he held out his hand to me, which I held on too. We walked into the Benriya apartment to meet all the other people who I had seen walk in here earlier. The two females rushed over to me, checking me over for any wounds and treating me like a mother and sister figure should; tears were about to fall from my (e/c) eyes but I held them back as the girl rushed over to the man in glasses to ask for his medical stuff.

"Everyone, meet (y/n)!" They all said hello and introduced themselves. The man in glasses is Doctor Theo with his assistant Nina, the girl who helped patch up the cuts I had on my body; the one-eyed man was called Worrick who said the pretty lady was his secretary named Alex. Before Worrick could tell me the name of the scary man, said man stepped towards the couch I currently sat on as Alex held me on her lap and Nina bandaged a cut on my left knee. He crouched to my level and started to sign his name: N-I-C-O-L-A-S.

"Nic is deaf, he can read lips but signing as you speak helps him understand a bit better. Do you know how to sign?" asked the doctor, Worrick sat on the couch across from me with a curious look.

"Hello, Nicolas. I'm (y/n)," I signed, earning a slight smile from the man in front of me. The others applauded at my knowledge, my heart fluttered at the praise as my cheeks flushed red. Nicolas left me and sat next to Worrick on the couch, they began to ask me questions.

"Why are you out here? Don't you have a family that misses you?" asked Alex, hugging me from behind. My hair covered my eyes as the memories came back, the pain and hatred surged through me.

"My...parents hate me and wanted to...get rid of me so I ran before they could kill me." I stared at the floor and waited for them to speak as the tears tried to escape once again. Alex began to move her hand and touched the warm chain that hung from my neck; I moved my (h/c) hair aside for her to unclip my tag and place it on the table for everyone to see. Nicolas's eyes widened as he read over my dog tag:

(Y/N) Volino

Birth: ****/**/**

Blood Type: O

West End

S/2

They stared at my rank, confused as to why my rank was an S. I leapt down from Alex's lap and grabbed my tag, snapping it back on my neck before heading for the door. Nina grabbed my hand and looked confused just like everyone else as to why I was leaving.

"I thought you didn't want me here," I whispered, Worrick left his spot on the couch and picked me up gently, walking back to the couches to sit next to Alex with me on his knee.

"We not hate Twilights, princess. Nic is one too." I looked over to the expressionless man on the couch across from me. He reached down his t-shirt and pulled out his own set of dog tags: A/0.

"You're welcome to live with us, (y/n)," Alex smiled, holding my hand as she spoke. I smiled too, happy to finally have a home. Nina and Doctor Theo left after a while so, Alex began to make dinner while Worrick spoke with Nic as they sat on the couch across from me, my teddy bear was seated on my lap. Alex had given me a book to read while the food was being made but I couldn't help but watch Worrick and Nicolas sign rapidly; with my frantic eye movement from the book to them, I had no idea what they were talking about.

"Dinner!" Alex called, I closed my book and placed it next to my bear as I rushed to the table that sat by the window I had stared at earlier today. We all eat happily; Alex's cooking was the best! Nicolas had finished early and left for a door in the back up to the roof; I still ate with Alex and Worrick, my eyelids grew heavy with every bite.

"Sleepy?" asked Alex, petting my head. I nodded and shovelled the last fork full into my mouth, thanking her for the food and putting my plate on the counter.

"We only have two bedrooms so, you might have to sleep on the couch. That okay?" I hummed in response to Worrick's question before flopping down on to the couch near my bear. Alex left the main area to the bedroom she seemed to share with Worrick and came back with a fuzzy blanket and pillow, placing it on the couch with me.

"Comfy, sweetie?" she asked, I yawned and lied my head on the cloud she placed under my head. I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up in the middle of the night to see the fridge door open and Nicolas drinking some water. Rubbing my eyes, I grabbed my bear and walked over to him, pulling on his shirt so he could see me.

"Can I have a glass of water too please?" I signed, Nicolas nodded and handed me a glass before pouring the water. I signed 'thank you' and chugged it down, handing him back the glass and going back to the couch. Footsteps approached me and a pair of arms lifted me up with my bear, Nicolas walked into his bedroom and placed me on the bed. He went into his closet and pulled out an old t-shirt, signing that I should change into this as if it were pyjamas; I nodded and headed to the bathroom with the shirt, changing quickly before stumbling sleepily back to Nicolas' room.

"You can sleep here if you want," he signed, walking over to his bed and moving the covers back. I crawled in next to him, trying not to get too close; he turned to face me, bringing me closer to his chest for warmth. I smiled as a safe feeling washed over me and sleep overcame me.