Geralt x F!Reader ~ Did my Heart Love Till Now?

Requested by AshliDinkleman 

(Y/N) POV

He leaned on the wall with a pint of ale in his hand, golden eyes scanning the room. His white hair pulled away from his face to display the sculptured beauty it held.

"Daydreaming, daughter?" asked my mother from my left. Flustered, I turned away from the mystery man to look back at the dance floor. "You'll be a wife in the coming days, you couldn't ask for a better husband!" she chirped, digging into the bowl of cherries she had. I followed her gaze to see said husband snobbishly laughing over his past winnings; his hair made him mushroom-like while his clothes gave off the impression that he was better than everyone. I groaned in disgust, resting my chin on my hand in defeat.

"Uh-huh, doubt he can even spell the word," I mumbled. A tiny giggle drew my eyes to my left where my little brother sat, his crown lopsided. "Hold on, Hodge." I smoothed away the crazy hairs to place his golden crown back upon his head. His dimpled grin warmed my heart for it only to be shattered once my father said my name.

"(Y/n), dance the next dance. Enjoy yourself!" he boomed through a mouth full of lamb. I stood from my place at the table to stand with the other ladies on the floor with a sigh. Shaking my head, I looked up from the floor to see the same man I had been watching. As the music started, his hand held mine to dance the Black Alman.

"I suppose you already know who I am," I hummed, trying to start a conversation as we moved around the room.

"The daughter of a loud king?" His voice was gruff yet velvet. I stifled my laughter before answering.

"An unhappy one, yes. (Y/n). Do you have a name?" I asked, leaving him for a second; I saw a small crack in his grumpy expression. A small grunt was his answer once our hands met again. Then it clicked! I had seen him talking to a bard who seemed quite used to his moodiness, tapping a tune on his lute that I recognized from my secret tavern trips. "Geralt? The Witcher sang about in the latest earworm?" Surprise crossed his face in a flash, giving my pride a little boost.

"Didn't think a royal would be seen in a tavern. Thought you'd hear about me through kingdom meetings." I giggled, spinning to the music as the final set started in the dance. We finished the set and departed to our previous spots but not before he pressed a kiss to my hand.

"He cool!" whispered Hodge after I sat down. I nodded, catching Geralt's eyes. I waved slightly before Hodge copied my movements at him.

"Hey!" I teased, tickling my brother while smothering his face in kisses. "Do you have any paper with you?" I slowly asked, the gears in my head spinning. Hodge handed me a piece of parchment and a feather; he held the inkpot in his hands as if it were a duckling. With quick movements, I wrote a request that would certainly get me in trouble. I called my lady in waiting over, handing her the note for her to deliver. Her every step slowed down, her heels being the only thing I heard next to my own heartbeat racing in my chest. She twirled away, letting him read the note; my heart within my throat till the end of the party.

"I'm glad we could agree!" exclaimed the royal father of the snot I was supposed to marry. The rest of the conversation was lost on me as my mind wandered to Geralt; Hodge held onto my arm as we stood with our parents.

"Can we leave?" he asked in a hushed voice. I shook my head, squeezing his hand as we waited for a signal. Mother gave us the okay to leave; jumping up, Hodge rested on my hip as I sped through the castle halls. "Bed?" yawned my brother.

"Yep, let's get you to your room," I hummed, kissing his temple. Once I had dropped him off with his nursemaids, I rushed to my room to start packing for Geralt's arrival. I hoped. I removed all the jewelry and fancy dress wear to put on tunic and trousers; my crown was placed on the pillow of my large bed.

"Princess?" I spun around to see my lady in waiting standing in my bathroom doorway. She held a cloak and three pairs of extra trousers, "you'll need these." With a teary smile, I enveloped her in a tight hug. With a soft thank you, she left me to wait for the Witcher by myself, giving me time to write a quick letter to Hodge. I love him so much but, I can't marry a man I don't love.

Tink! I looked to see pebbles hitting my window. I checked the ground to see a very drunk bard and a very grumpy Witcher; unlocking the lock, I swung a leg over before a sniffle caught my ear.

"Where you going?" Hodge looked at me through tears as he peeked into my room. I rushed to his small frame, scooping him up to cover him in kisses.

"I have to go now," I cooed, my voice breaking as my own tears trailed down my cheeks. "Don't worry, I'll come back for you." He nodded, wiping tears away to look tough. I placed the letter in his little hands before leaping from the window with my bag, my heart as heavy as rocks.

"Took you long enough," Geralt grumbled, mounting his horse to then stretch out his hand.

"Sorry. One last goodbye. Thank you," I sniffed, sitting in front of him. With Geralt sandwiched between myself and the tipsy bard, we set out for adventures unknown.