Heath Ledger x F!Reader ~ The Store Kid

(Y/N) POV

I had become Mrs. Ledger only a few years ago to the day so, Heath and I decided to make dinner together but first, we had to buy all the ingredients for the feast. As he held my hand with little jitters, I giggled at his attempts to hide who he was with his sunglasses and beanie. We walked through the sliding glass doors, grabbing a cart as I went through the list while walking down the aisles.

"(Y/n), what about the sauce?" questioned Heath, I hummed as I checked over the list. "They have a premade one right here." I looked back at him as he held up a jar with a label that was just what we needed. He gently placed the jar in the cart before walking up beside me to rest his head on my shoulder as he looked at the list. We made it to the veggies after a while; I stood at the lettuce to see which head wasn't brown and gross while Heath went to look for some nice wine. A small hand brushed my own, I looked down to see a little girl with tear-stained cheeks staring up at me.

"What's your name, sweetie?" I asked, kneeling down to her height.

"S-sally, can you help me find my mommy?" she asked, gripping my hand tightly. I nodded and led her around the store in search of both her mother and my husband, we found mine first.

"Hello beautiful princess and what's your name?" he asked once we met up with him. She giggled before answering him with a smile on her face while she squeezed my hand.

"We're looking for her mother, did you find the wine?" He nodded, pointing to the cart. As I looked up from the bottle, Heath had swooped up Sally started to make her giggle. A warm smile appeared on my face as I watched them dance about the store to the music that blasted through the overhead speakers.

"Sally, where are you?" whispered a woman to herself as she looked about frantically in another aisle. I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder, asking her what was wrong. She showed me the photo she had in her wallet, I smiled as I lead her towards Heath and Sally as they danced to Footloose.

"Oh, thank you!" she exclaimed, hugging Sally and letting us be.

"I'm starting to think that having kids of our own might not be that bad," Heath hummed as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"Charming," I teased.