Klaus x M!Reader ~ Promise Me

(Y/N) POV

A very sloppy knock came from my front door as a very familiar scent emanated from it. Opening the door, a very stoned man dressed in fur fell into my arms while laughing his head off at something "Ben" had said to him.

"Klaus, again?!" I whined, dragging the taller man to the couch in a huff. Closing the front door, I headed to the kitchen to get some water and aspirin for the very out-of-it man on my once clean couch. "Get up, man. Here, take this and go sleep in my room."

"Mmmm, you have nice eyes." Blushing, I pulled him to the bed and dumped him there while I cleaned my couch for over an hour. My phone rang with an unknown caller; with nothing to lose, I picked it up.

"Hello? (y/n) speaking."

"Hello, (y/n). I'm Pogo and I was hoping that Klaus was with you." I leaned back to look through the door to see him drooling over the side of my bed as he snored.

"He's here but fast asleep. Can I take a message for him?" Pogo cleared his throat, holding back what I think were sobs.

"His father has passed, we need him to come home for the funeral." I hummed, feeling a pit in my stomach as I thought back to everything Klaus had told me about his family. I said I would relay the information to him and hung up, sitting myself down on a chair with a conflict within me. An hour passed and I still hadn't moved from the chair, rubbing my temples as I thought things through; Klaus hated the old man so I didn't want to bring it up but Pogo seemed like he really needed all the kids home.

"Oh, hello (y/n). Comfy bed," Klaus stumbled, leaning on the bedroom door frame. I smiled sadly, trying to think of the best way to bring this up with him. Noticing my face, he sat next to me, placing his head on my shoulder with puppy-dog-eyes looking up at me.

"Klaus, your.... your father is gone. Pogo called to tell you to come home for the funeral, I'm sorry."

"Finally!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air with a small smile on his face.

"Do you need a ride?" I offered, trying to not drag this conversation any longer. He nodded, heading to my fridge to get a beer for himself. I followed him, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his back with a shaky sigh. "Could you promise me something?"

"What? Sleep with you when I get back?" I blushed, heading back to the couch in a huff.

"No! I want you to go sober, please!" My eyes became blurry as I watched Klaus move towards me, hugging me as I broke down. "I hate seeing you like this. I love you so, please, promise me." Klaus was quiet as we sat there, rocking me from side to side as I calmed down. Moving me to arm's length, he nodded before answering me with his words.

"I promise. Once I get back, I'll be clean! Just don't have any fun without me." He winked, pecking my forehead before heading to the door so we could go get the car to head home.