Micky Dolenz x F!Reader ~ I'll Make You Smile

WARNING!! There is a trigger warning for suicide if these things are bothering you then please talk to someone or me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) POV

At the age of 16, you left your abusive home, hateful family, and moved in with your boyfriend Micky Dolenz. You lived with The Monkees and did most of the chores around the house and helped them with practice; you had a great ear for music. You were happy to do this from them and loved them all to bits, helping them with their gigs and all the sticky situations they end up in; you were a monkee mother.

Even though Micky was a loving boyfriend and would do anything for you, you still never told him the truth about your family life and right now the dark thoughts were getting worse. You cut and were in a severe state of depression but never wanted to burden the boys with your problems.

The boys were currently practicing for a party that was next week, you were sitting on the couch reading The Picture of Dorian Gray while listening to them. You flinched as you heard Peter hit a wrong note, you looked up with a sweet smile on your face.

"Pete, it's an A, not a C, love," you sweetly pointed out. Peter nodded and fixed his placement on the guitar.

"Right. Thanks, (y/n)!" he replied; a small smile tugged at Micky's lips as he looked over to see your beautiful smile. God, he loved that smile, it was everything to him. They decided to take a break so, you went to the kitchen to take out the cookies you made earlier. The house smelt delicious, causing the boys to drool a bit; they walked over to you and sat at the table, munching on the cookies. As you washed a glass, Mike saw something on your arm that concerned him; he nudged Davy and pointed towards you subtly.

"You okay, (y/n)?" Mike asked, Davy looking at you in worry along with Peter. Micky perked up as you turned around, hiding your arms behind your back. You smiled sweetly and looked as innocent as possible.

"Nothing's wrong," You assured them. After that, Micky kept an eye on you for the rest of the afternoon. Dinner was good and soon it was time to get some beauty sleep, you and Micky slept in the same room upstairs while the others slept downstairs.

Cold, dark, pain. Three words that ran through her mind, plaguing her with thoughts with horrid claws and blades that ran down her arms. Chains clung to her, restraining her from moving any farther to the light that soared in front of her. Light, it faded farther and farther away from her; she yelled out for Micky but nothing left her mouth, no voice was heard. Worthless, nothing, pain in the butt. Words of doubt and words of hate filled her eyes, showing her what she was to everyone. Black waters began drowning her, she felt her last gasp of air leave her lungs.

You bolted up from the nightmare and left quietly as to not wake the monkee next to you. As you crept to the bathroom, tears dared to break free from your eyes and it just all around scared you. You closed the door and looked around to find your razer, you sat on the floor and looked up at the clock to see it was 5:30 am.

"Huh, what a time to die," you whispered, finally feeling that that was enough. You couldn't take it anymore and wanted to never burden anyone again. You slowly dragged the razor across your wrist, warm blood rippled down your arm in nothing but numb relief. You did the same to your other arm and sat on the floor in a pond of sorrows. The chains from earlier almost began to laugh at what they saw, your crippled form in defeat; they had won the battle and were not going to let go until the job was done.

"(Y/n), you in there?" Micky's loud voice startled you, he banged on the door with more footsteps running to the door. Tears flowed freely down your cheeks as the boys broke through the door, Micky's face twisted in sadness before you blacked out.

"She'll be fine, (y/n) lost a lot of blood and it may take a while before she wakes up." Voices broke the silence that encased you, beeping sounds came through to as well as crying. You opened your eyes to a hospital scene, the boys standing next to your bed while talking to a doctor. Their eyes lit up as they saw you move, Davy and Peter ran back to you and piled on top of you, hugging you senseless. Mike walked over and held your hand with a small smile before motioning for the other two to leave with him.

"Why, why didn't you tell me?" asked Micky, who sat on a chair next to you. You looked into his loving eyes and felt your eyes sting as tears flowed once more. You told him everything.

"And I couldn't tell you because I knew you already had so much on your plate. I'm sorry."

"Thank you for telling me but now, want to see my impression of the famous James Cagney?" You smiled and nodded, laughing as he did many impressions. A few minutes and sat on the bed with you, kissing your lips sweetly before looking deeply into your (e/c) eyes.

"I love your smile, I'm here to make you smile."