Newt x F!reader~ bloody hugs

Dedicated to blorb1

(Y/w)= your weapon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat in your camp, sad and grumpy. You had been alone all day except when Sonya would come and check on you. You love her dearly but you still felt lonely. And then it came. Sonya noticed this and went to the one person who she knew would be able to make you smile. Newt, mister rough and tough.

"Newt! Newt! Where are you?" she yelled around the camp trying to find him. "He's training, what's wrong?" she turned around to see Thomas with a quirked eyebrow. "(Y/n) is upset and I think she needs to be cheered up" she said earnestly. "And how could Newt help?" "I think he has a soft spot for her." "Oh! Maybe I could help and if it doesn't work we'll grab Newt." Sonya nodded and showed Thomas to (y/n)'s tent.

Before they even entered the tent they heard sobs and sniffling. They rushed in side and saw (y/n) curled up in a corner bawling her eyes out. Sonya bent down to her leave while Thomas stood behind her. "Are you okay?" they asked in unison. (Y/n) said nothing and handed Sonya a note. They read it and their eyes widened in shock. "Oh (y/n)" she said as she rubbed her arm. Thomas gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze"we're here for you" he said.

"You bet we bloody are." Everyone, even (y/n), turned to face Newt who stood there with a small hint of empathy. Someone must have heard (y/n)'s sobs and went to find him. Sonya and Thomas backed off and left the tent as Newt walked toward the cute, crying girl. He picked up the piece of paper and quickly skimmed through it. He looked pissed.

"Bloody hell" he said as he looked at you. He lifted your head and stared into your eyes, you felt safe in his eyes. He wiped the tears away and said quietly "you know what makes me feel better when I'm sad?" You shook your head "some bloody hugs" that made you smile. He smiled back and gave you a big bear hug, you felt much better.

He kissed the top of your head; you looked up with a small amount of blush. He smirked then gently kissed your lips. You melted inside and kissed back. Once you parted, you put your head on his chest as he rocked you back and forth. "I love you (y/n)" "I love you too Newt!"